PDA

View Full Version : 10sec short for C&C

FLX
06-09-2004, 11:53 AM
i had started/finished this in april... but have since revisited it to refine... it.

b4 you comment on the "floating hands", just kow i am aware of it. the rig i was using doesnt lock the hands in space (being fixed for my next animation.

anyhow
the gf (http://flxdigital.com/gf.mpeg)

Siriol
06-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Hi mate, really good stuff! I really liked it when he looks at him and the big guy looks away in shame, and when he tugs him that bit harder when he say ever!!!
The floating hands didn't seem too bad!

rony
06-10-2004, 05:52 PM
I would have him come closer to the camera a little earlier. Just a little bit before he says"but don't ever take..." I'd have him move towards the other guy. The hand movement is a little too much. I'd have the hand swing or point, not both. In the end everything seems to settle at the same time when he puts his hand on his shoulder. Try offsetting the movement of the hand with the rest of the body.

Ed Bittner
06-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Really like the idea. My only crit is the lighting. I would go for a more dramatic set-up.
Ed

animation-angel
06-16-2004, 04:07 AM
Really nice work.
I think however, that the main character seems to float when he walks over to his brother. Also you could animate the spine and the shoulders a little ( especially the shoulders) they seems stiff and could bring more naturalism to the character. And last, when he points with his hand and says "dont ever take sides" it seems to float into the next pose where the hand has the fingers open. It would be nicer if the pointed hand pose held a little longer and then a couple of frames (2-3 maybe) before he said "with anyone" would go to the open hand pose. This would emphasize the words a little better.

Good work

AA :thumbsup:

FLX
06-16-2004, 11:38 AM
great commments people.
rony: i kinda disagree with the had motion part... animation angel has just posted a good point about holding the pose a bit longer that i agree with... it seems much because it moves instantlyfrom one to the other... the the comment about ofsetting the hand movement.... i aggree with completely

ed bittner: ... sigh... lighting is the bane of my exsistance. i have never been good at it. but i agree with you about it needing to change... any ideas about how to set up the lights?

animation angel: its the rig!!!!.... i sware it... i am not a great rigger, and this is the same rig i have been using from 3 years ago. i was just given a professional rig by a friend in the industry that i am putting into my characters... it should yeild more realistic movement in the future...
i agree with the float part... it isnt the most noticible thing, but whenever he does make the move toward the big guy, i do sense something is wrong.
i already gave u respect for your comments about the hand movement...on the money

siriol: :blush: thanx for the support

thanx to all:thumbsup:
FLX

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.