PDA

View Full Version : Still : MARTINI & FINLANDIA

Divaise
06-08-2004, 11:08 PM
okei that's the final picture hope you like it. And Cheerss :)))))))))
:beer: :bowdown:
http://photo.kuturak.net/3D/CONTEST/DiV/finlandia.jpg

TheVision
06-09-2004, 12:29 AM
Very nice work looks photorealistic to me :thumbsup: , what program did you use?

Divaise
06-09-2004, 04:44 AM
thaNKS I used 3dsmax6 with Brazil ;)

bravoo
06-09-2004, 05:42 AM
Looks really nice...

I looked through my archive and found this picture, i did it for a small competition...

http://www.shell.linux.se/bravoo/skrap/drink_small.jpg

lallen
06-09-2004, 09:19 AM
Good looking picture, but I just feel like being a bit picky at the moment :)

There is something funny about the Finlandia bottle. If you look at the bottle, starting from below, it looks empty.
Maybe this is mostly due to the neutral texture of the background, but you might get a better result if you experiment a bit more with the refractive index of the Vodka. (compare the bottom of the two bottles, the Martini bottle is MUCH better, but with a dark fluid it is much easier to make it look good)

The anti-aliasing of the top of the cocktail shaker could be a bit better. The transition between black and silver is a bit uneven.

And final point: the olives. It looks like these have been dried with a paper towel or something of the sort. How about making them slightly more glossy? In my opinion it would probably help the realism of the picture.

Q_B
06-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Its a very nice render, but the vodka bottle seems empty :)

The glass is spot on, thou.

Congrats!

leho
06-09-2004, 11:45 AM
haha, the olives and the shaker looks like one of the mental ray tutorials...

great work anyway

Predator|NL
06-09-2004, 12:45 PM
very nice but the martini bottle looks a bit thin (the glass) en the other bottle looks empty...

Divaise
06-09-2004, 12:58 PM
thanx folks.. yeah I tried a few variations of the finlandia but seems like that's not the best one... however I don't want to work anymore on the scene cause I drunk too much in that few days.
really ? I never seend that tutorials however I think I don't need a tutorial to make a shaker it's not so hard it was the easiest think in the scene. :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.