PDA

View Full Version : Vehicule: Mini Cooper & Cooper S

animalunae
06-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Not 100% the right Cooper S, but I had to work fast: Maya approx 20 hours as a render for my application at a local 3D workshop... Im not entirely happy with the windows and the roof so CnC highly appreceated.

http://www.ronin3d.net/CGI_Files/Cooper_15.jpg

geoffb
06-08-2004, 08:35 PM
The only thing that I notice is the Wheels, the specularity of the tire itself makes it look really plastic. Also on the "S" where the fender meets the body, its really jagged, i don't know if this is photorealistic or not, but if so, I would increase the splits there. Some minor minor problems along the side of the cars, you can tell in the reflection where points are a little out of whack, but It looks awesome for only 20 hours.

Best of Luck,
Geoff

animalunae
06-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Correct, theres some more tweaks I should perform before I can call this a final... I forgot to add two subdiv to my mesh, I updated this. The dents are caused by those details I needed to put in, hard to keep them out... Will try though.
Thank you for the comments.

MailboxHead
10-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Owning a MC, I can look at this and find exactally what makes it different.. But that's if you're really going for photoreal. I would most certainly add tire to your tires. They are plastic and BALD :) The plastic trim might be to specular as it has texture, where as you've got it looking totally smooth here. Typically, the mirrors will be the same as the roof, unless you get a custom job.

The front grill on the MCs is going into the body with no real way of it doing so. You have to give it a frame instead of the polys just going through the body.
The metal parts need to look more polished. They have too much fog right now. The front of the coop is such an impressive look as all the metal parts just warp the heck out of the environment.
My last comment is on the windows.. You can't get your cooper that tinted, factory. I've seen some aftermarket that's similiar, but never that dark on the front window. And now that I look at it, the roof has gutters that run around it. It's the same material as the trim.

Now with all that said, I think you've done a great job here. If you're going for photo quality, then it's going to need some more, but you're definately on your way. I'll be very interested to see your next version of this and I wish you luck.

MailboxHead
10-15-2004, 09:45 PM
And totally forgetting about this, check this link http://twelveam.net/mini/ It might have some reference pictures you'd like. It's an 04 Cooper (not s) but It might help you get textures. Alright, that's all. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.