PDA

View Full Version : Nike Stickman...

Jackdeth
06-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Well, since there have been several other really cool threads about Nike commericals, I though to add our project into the mix. The spots just won a Gold Clio last week to be added to the Gold Lion they also won last year a Cannes.

There are 4 spots, 3 done for Europe and 1 for Asia. They were filmed all handheld with a dude in a green suit (for eye lines) that had to be patched out. 3d Stickman was all animated and rendered in Maya, as was most of the balls/fresbies.

Its too bad people state side never got to see them, so here you go....

http://www.hydraulx.com/commercial.php

SheepFactory
06-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Jackdeth are the servers a bit slow>? It takes 15 minutes to download one commercial and i am on dsl. other sites dl fast.

I am glad you guys used big quicktime movies though , much nicer to watch than the small ones.

Jackdeth
06-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Hmmmm, I'll take a look. We only went with the bigger ones once we found a good compression that made them load almost as fast as the smaller ones.

Time to kick the admin in the butt... ;)

**EDIT**

Those files are 24 megs. I'm going have them make them a bit smaller...

gruvsyco
06-08-2004, 07:13 PM
those are pretty fun. it is a shame they never made it stateside

fig
06-08-2004, 08:10 PM
i watched these on the nike football site several months ago, loved them. absolutely killer work, great stuff man :thumbsup:

chris

AWAKE
06-08-2004, 09:05 PM
A dingo stole my bandwidth......;)

jishjosh
06-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by AWAKE
A dingo stole my bandwidth......;)

Not to mention your budget.

Beamtracer
06-09-2004, 01:04 AM
The Quicktime downloaded in about 5 minutes here. Looks great. Cool spot.

tauism
06-09-2004, 01:57 AM
hey jackdeath, were you there for the shoot?

It'll have been so cool to meet ronaldinho!
He is a master of street soccer!

If you've seen the new nike ad with portugal vs brazil, he pulls off an amazing move at the end.

thematt
06-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Jackdeph, I envy you man, it must have been a real kick doing those commercial they are Great..Top quality and direction paticulary love the basketball one..

Glad to finaly got to know where you work.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.