PDA

View Full Version : Game Animation

3dSnail
06-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi, I hope to make a little game with some friends in the near future. I was hoping someone could tell me things that I should consider now, before I animate or think about the charactors.
Cheers

DrAdamDinosaur
06-10-2004, 10:28 PM
I think this post really belongs over in one of the game sections, you'll get far more replys over there.

Are you using an engine of your own or are you using an existing one? Some basic things you'll need to think about is how many bones can your engine handle, how many actions can you character perform, making sure the character is the correct scale before exprting (and probably rigging) and how many frame are you going to put in each cycle.

Grabbing a copy of UT2K4 isn't a bad start. This comes with UnrealED where you can view all the animations cycles for each of the characters. This will give you a good idea about cycles and where to start them. Good luck.

3dSnail
06-11-2004, 03:56 PM
cheers buddy, much appricated :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.