PDA

View Full Version : Viewport playback fast but then gets slower over time?

Unkle Bunkle
06-08-2004, 09:42 AM
I'm using the Genri Rig, that blue guy rig, in Maya 6, and it normally starts off with really good playback in the viewport, almost at 24FPS, which is excellent. So I can do a bit of animation, and see how it's all going without having to wait for playblasts all the time.

Weird thing is that over time, ie after setting more keys, fiddling with curves, basically going about animating it gets slower and slower at playback until it's just completely jerky and I have to start playblasting all the time.

Now first time round I thought "okay more keys have been set" maybe this just happens, but then when I opened up the scene again where I'd left off before, suddenly the viewport playback was super fast again!!??!

So I have:
Dual MP Athlon 1800
1 Gig RAM
Nvidia Geforce 4 4600 Ti 128 MB

IS there something that could be being produced as I'm animating, some kind of history setting or the number of undos possible, some kind of setting in MAya 6 that could be causing this problem? PLease help, this is hindering my animation progress!!!

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.