PDA

View Full Version : environment:house

idance
06-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Hello everyone!
This is my first attempt for Realism word in 3D
Made in max 5.1; Txtred in PhotoShop. rendered with Brazil r/s.
Rending time:4 days.
C&C are wellcome.
http://www.members.lycos.co.uk/idance880/real_test.jpg

dudders
06-08-2004, 11:28 AM
it looks as though your textures a too lo res, and there are strange artifacts on the image maybe thats the compression, i dont know.

Maybe try some different camera angles too.

but its starting to look good

ThomasMahler
06-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Already looks realistic, but yeah, your textures seem to pixelate or something like that... looks strange.

And I'm not sure about that tree on the right - seems very, very low res, kinda weird.

dangerkid
06-08-2004, 06:07 PM
The textures are a little low-res, and there is some stretching it seems on the vertical areas beside the windows. The tree is a little low-res and stands out as so... I think perhaps if that were corrected, perhaps it would draw less attention to the other textures. You could try physically scaling that object down (it's kinda big anyway). Also, the color scheme is a little flat and washed; bringing out some more vibrant colors may help this, though I understand the colors in this scene are supposed to be rather dull, and that's cool. One last thing, are you using pure white light? Hard to tell... if so, check something like this (http://www.mediacollege.com/lighting/colour/colour-temperature.html) out.

Whoa.. didn't mean to rip it apart or anything, it is pretty good! And certainly much better than my first go at it! Good luck! :thumbsup:

idance
06-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Those COmments are very helpfull.
I'll try correcting those problems asap.
and update again.
Great Day everyone and thnx again!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.