PDA

View Full Version : Old bomber style plane with a future twist -- WIP

ndat
07-21-2002, 05:21 AM
Hi me again :)
Im really trying hard to learn this 3d stuff as fast as I can and so I am again onto another projecct this time its going to be an old styling bomber plane with a future twist. I finished the jet turbine like engine that will go on both wings this afternoon. After about 3 hours, yeah Im slow :). OH, this time ive decided to spend a little more time on it so I can acctually create a decent looking model.

Also I was wondering if any of you out there that have seen my works could critique my progress... I have posted most all of the works I have done here and was just wondering how I was coming along... thanks a bunch

michaeli
07-21-2002, 05:33 AM
beautiful model, you still use some cel render right?

ndat
07-21-2002, 05:48 AM
But of course :), I use cell rendering all of the time. But this time I used a gradient effect shader with reflection and an extended specularity to create a mild cell effect with a touch of realism. So I actually didnít use the cell shader effect in the rendering tab.

kiwi
07-21-2002, 10:30 AM
That looks good :)

Stu.

LucentDreams
07-21-2002, 05:57 PM
Very nice render :)

neilyb
07-22-2002, 07:19 AM
Smooth, I want to see this when it's finished!

ndat
07-22-2002, 07:59 AM
Thanks for your comments guys heres a lame excuse for an update. Im going with a more organic feel to the wings, tommorrow Im going to get the screws on, Its a real hell to do. Anyhoo I havent had enough time to finish the wing but ou can get the basic shape out of this pic.

fxgogo
07-22-2002, 05:11 PM
Looking very promising. Keep it up

EthanMartin
07-22-2002, 06:38 PM
The engine looks good and I like the style of the wing. Can't wait to see more.

neilyb
07-23-2002, 08:34 AM
Not sure from the angle, but the wing looks too thin and fragile. Unless of course it's a space vehicle where gravity doesnot suck?

ndat
08-23-2002, 04:40 AM
Yep you guessed it it is a space craft, but the wing commander style ones...

Um yes I kinda abandoned this model, but I started work on it again so Ill have some updates to show tommorrow :)

LucentDreams
08-23-2002, 04:42 AM
reminds me of the ship from chronotrigger.

matty2x4
08-23-2002, 04:46 AM
the wing looks a bit to small for such a big jet...
looks promising though:thumbsup:
2x4

pit
08-23-2002, 08:33 PM
tommorrow Im going to get the screws on, Its a real hell to do.

Well... what u need is Paul Everets plugin Surfacepainter.
Have a look at it here:

http://www.bookwoodarts.de/pe/

Itīs about 50-60$ and worth every cent!! (And Paul is a cool guy worth supporting!) Be sure to check out his free plug ins - some really great stuff there as well.

I guess the screw thing would be a matter of 2-3 minutes work then!

BTW your model looks great so far ;)

ndat
08-24-2002, 04:46 AM
Well, I wanted to get to the cockpit today but I started with the screws which slowed me way down, o well. Im not really a fast worker anyway, but I did get done with the front grate which shows kinda how the scale will look.

@Kaiskai
Iíve never played chronotrigger, so I looked it up and couldnít find and pics on anything besides the characters. I hear it is a really good game though. Might have to pick it up through emulation because I havenít seen the snes in a long while.

@matty2x4
but since I kept making new ones and not liking them either I decided to stick with these. Anyway Im doing this model purely out of my imagination so it could literally turn out looking like anything :)

@pit
Ouch, ummmm... I feel dizzy now. You just had to make me bang my head against the door didnít you. All I can say is wow that guy is amazing, very cool plugins there. When I get the money I am defiantly buying a copy of surface painter. until then I have the door to help keep my sanity :) Thanks for bringing that site to my attention.

AdamT
08-24-2002, 04:51 AM
It's looking great! What are you using for the chrome material and to get the toon look?

ndat
08-24-2002, 05:38 AM
It basically looks toony because of the floor texture and the chrome is a pretty generic chrome that I use for a lot of things. Iíve included a file that shows everything, because I cant explain things for the life of me. I didnít include my model because then you would be able to see all the mistakes Iíve made on it, but I will post it when Im finished.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.