PDA

View Full Version : still: A Street Corner

JJASSO
06-07-2004, 11:23 PM
here's my latest 3d work ,which I came up whit this idea from searching photo galleries at pbase, , all modeled in max and rendered whit vray, I did the textures in photoshop and then the composition too, after that, I painted lots of detail in photoshop , comments are welcome :thumbsup:

HERE IT IS THE FINAL IMAGE
http://www.digitalcrossing.ca/final-street.jpg

EARLY SHADED VERSION and WIREFRAME
http://www.digitalcrossing.ca/wip2.jpg
http://www.digitalcrossing.ca/wireonly.jpg

pic2230
06-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Wow, Really nice scene, everything looks great. Textures really add to the picture. Again nice work

robbo59au
06-08-2004, 02:29 AM
G'day,

Pretty nice image, tho all our bump maps need to be about half strength.

:thumbsup:

LarsMartin
06-08-2004, 02:47 AM
Man, that looks great! Also, lovely materials too.
The pavement(?), especially near the street sign looks great.
Very nice piece :beer:

Jeremypiven
06-08-2004, 05:22 AM
Is nice work,textures look nice espeascially.:thumbsup: :buttrock:

zuliban
06-08-2004, 07:20 AM
bien hecho we:thumbsup:

JJASSO
06-08-2004, 04:31 PM
thanks all of you for your comments, I will add some images of the render I got in max whit the basic textures and the painted version in photoshop , in total I had 130 layers of details :scream:

JJASSO
06-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Ok a new server , faster for viewinng the images :thumbsup:

F1Racer
06-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Theres something about these outside type renders that I like.
This one is no exception. Just great stuff.

The filth/rust around the bottom of the lamp is very well detailed.

Nice ambience too. Excellent job !

HapZungLam
06-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Looks good. But all the objects are over bump.

the ground looks the best.

otacon
06-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Looks good. Nice texture work. Parts of the building are too washed out because of the white paint. Also, desaturating the colors a little might make it look more real.

bigbad
06-09-2004, 01:37 AM
Nice render but there are some things that bother me in this picture. Its both clean and dirty at the same time. Its in the middle of the day and no one is there. The ground is dirty but there is no garbage and such. No birds, no air. The small things are missing that would make this picture alive.

JJASSO
06-09-2004, 02:43 AM
thanks for your comments, in part from I took the inspiration for this scene there was no birds and no garbage in the street, and because I'm not a character animator I didn't want to put people there, in some parts there is cleaner because it is like if it were just painted , I don't think it is over bump ,I always try to work whit real reference , well it's just my style and all critics are welcome :beer: thanks guys !

iamintricate
06-09-2004, 03:28 AM
can't say too much about 3d - not my field.. but i can say the scene looks awesome.

my crit: maybe play w/ depth of field a bit?

SixKiller
06-09-2004, 07:46 AM
Great work...

why is it that I always like the untextured versions of all images :hmm:

In the final with texture: I think the bump on the stones is too strong... but other then that: great !

Sceme
06-09-2004, 12:31 PM
For me those bumps on the white wall looks ok. I have seen those kind of wall really. So on my oppinion, there's nothing wrong with bumpmaps.

Great image anyway, i love your textures.

joshcxa
06-09-2004, 02:21 PM
very cool. the water at the bottom turned out quite well. good overall image but i don't really like the whiteness of the wallls...thats about it.

well done

JJASSO
06-09-2004, 05:05 PM
thanks again for the feedback I wanted to add pure white to the front wall cause I wanted it to look just painted not everything has to be rusted or dirty in the scene to make it look photoreal. :applause:

Okan
06-09-2004, 09:22 PM
i'm impressed.amazing work..i really liked the water under the light..
i wish we had the V-ray for Maya..waiting..waiting...

paconavarro
06-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Great work Mr. Jasso :) !!!!

Hope to see some more soon...

francescaluce
06-09-2004, 10:29 PM
some problems for me.. it looks flat.. without any light intentions..
I think there's a good details for the model and sure for the textures.. but look where the street ends.. visually is going down.. it's phong[y].. tipically cgi.. and then it blows out for any reason at all.. the colors are too drenched and the white artificial.. you'll get a better result if you crop the img to suite some details to figure out your minute work but.. when you zoom out.. you'll find yourself asking: -what the heck is that place ?!..

I'm reacting a little to the 4 stars.. :bounce:

ciao
francesca

oj3332
06-09-2004, 11:04 PM
I looove the ground texture! the material looks just right...

to SixKiller:

I agree...I also have some weird obsession with the non-mapped images! luverly

Olz.

henrik
06-09-2004, 11:18 PM
jasso,

I think you image looks great, however the sky is not helping. The value range is so wide in the sky, it's very distracting to look at. You're hitting almost pure white with your brightest clouds, and the dark blue is still pretty dark. Think about how the camera exposure works, don't just slap a random sky in there.

I'd suggest using only a blue sky with a few high altitude cirrus clouds in there, keep blue values closer. Great work otherwise.

JJASSO
06-09-2004, 11:49 PM
hey Henrik that's a great comment and advice thanks for the feedback , I will think about that for future projects and I will try to find the perfect sky for this scene :applause: btw, you work is great in matte painting and everything else thanks again Henrik

Vilpep
06-10-2004, 03:33 AM
Yes i think too about sky,but still is very well done work.very nice skill.:buttrock:

JJASSO
06-10-2004, 06:19 PM
hey guys here it is a new version of the image whit the sky changed thanks to the cool advice by Seung Ho "henrik" let me know what you think, it looks better to me now

this is a larger resolution image

http://www.digitalcrossing.ca/cornerst.jpg

Vladvrz
06-11-2004, 07:02 AM
Yes is better.And is a very nice work.Looks like alot of work,little nice extras,but it pay off.:thumbsup:

cat33
06-11-2004, 08:10 AM
nice work, I like the textures on the pavement. especially the little puddle area by the post.

Looks real cool. I agree with the bump map, and I think the lighting might be a little to bright on the white concrete wall. I like the changes u did to the sky .:thumbsup:

Overall great job.

_cat

CGZAMOR
06-11-2004, 08:49 AM
the lights are too great man:thumbsup:
all the work is superp

is there any extranal textures used

digitaldamage
06-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Overall a very nice picture you got there!

With one exception. I think that it image could be even better by far with more work gone into the bump map for these brick walls. Excuse me, but i think they are somewhat terrible. As SixKiller said, your bump may be too strong. And if i get it right, you used the colour map also as the the bump map (or just slightly altered), which, especially for a brick wall, will look wrong in 99,5 percent of the cases. Your information for "bumping" is not only on the slices but also on the bricks itself. The result is that if you look at the wall, you can barely make out where a brick begins and where it ends. I would paint a single map dedicated for the bump amount only.

The clamps for the street signs may be looking too clean and sharp. Did you beveled those edges?

The pavement looks just great!

Daffydd
06-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Very nice! I love the texturing you've done.

Daf

Frenkie
06-11-2004, 10:39 AM
loox great!

The best part i think is the puddle.

EricCartman
06-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Great work!

Reminds me a bit on my scene I did a few months back (http://www.3delavnica.com/@script/galerija/goto2.php?image=65).

Stargo
06-11-2004, 11:25 AM
good work :thumbsup:

JJASSO
06-11-2004, 05:10 PM
hey guys thanks for your feedback, some of the bump maps are wrong I agree but some others no, about the white in the front wall I see it natural the sun is exactly aiming at it , it depends of the exposure you are comparing it whit :wavey:

jsandoval
10-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Lots of interesting details, I can feel the attention put on this image. Only one thing is strange for me: the reflection in water spot (main light pole base) is so much perfect and no specular highlight on it. Besides that I like it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.