PDA

View Full Version : modelled, but need help with rig please

squareframe
06-07-2004, 06:30 AM
I've modelled a human and applied physique to animate him with cs studio, now after playing around alot with physique I still cant get him to move smothly, generally it kind of walks ok, but when i want to put him in other positions more problems come up, im getting frustated with his arm pits and his neck.

Can someone help me out and show me what i might be doing wrong........

nononowhatisyourname!?
07-10-2004, 05:04 AM
hmmm i dont know how to answer your question becuase im kind of new to 3d modelling, but i do have one crit to make about your model.....it looks like his arms are broken right where the forearm starts.

Yourworstnightmare
07-30-2004, 08:41 PM
I had problems with the arms and neck when I first started riggin, which was about 3 days ago. Anyways have you tried making the envelopes of the neck and arms larger. To do this you should go to them modifier list and pick physique after chosing a mesh that has physique modifier aplied. then you pick envelopes and click near where your mesh is messed up. If you picked the envelope right you will see some red and purples circles around the arm or neck. After that change the radial scale until the mesh does not mess up when you move that part. But if you make them too large they will take control over other parts of te mesh and when you move the arm or something other parts of the mesh will move and that looks very bad.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.