PDA

View Full Version : portfolio review

mabuffaloe
06-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Hello guys, I hope I'm following all the rules for posting in this forum... it seems to be ok to offer a website for review so I'm gonna give it a try! I am looking to fine tune my portfolio website... I've had this site for about a year now, and I think it's time for some maintenaince. I am too close to all the work at this point so I need help! I'm not really so concerned with the actual website design itself, as I am pretty happy with it, and it seems to suit my needs. (althoughif you find anything particularly distracting or annoying, please let me know!) I'm mainly asking you to go through the gallery section and critique any of the work you feel needs improving, or just tossing out altogether. Please just let me have it here, I want nothing but your harshest critiques (that's why I came to this forum) ;) Thanks guys!

http://www.mindspring.com/~aaramel/

Auctane
06-08-2004, 05:15 PM
I checked out you site and the first thing I went to was the WIP section. That didnt impress me too much so I went to the Older Work section and I didnt see any 3D stuff. I then went to your Tutorial section and that is when I realized that you are a texture artist. I think you should make that more clear at you home page, like on your title bar. Other than that your work looks good. You do some really good work that seems gets lost in the renders that have been done, with the plain grey background. If you have enough space on your server, you should use high res images.

mabuffaloe
06-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Thank you for the great tips, somnambulance! I will definitely change my home page to make it more clear that I am a texture artist. I love to hear things like how you navigated my site.... The fact that you went to the WIP section first really gives me somthing to think about, as that is sorta WIP for my modeling (i'm trying to learn to model) ;) so it makes sense that you weren't impressed by my modeling skills there, and makes me think I need to clarify a few things on the site.

As for the renders, I see what you're saying there....what would you suggest for a background if it's just one model without an environment? I'd love to make those look a little better!

Thanks again! :D

Vertizor
06-11-2004, 06:10 PM
In your gallery -> textures, you might want to put a watermark in those images so people don't rip you off. Unless you're giving those away for free? They're too purdy to just give away.

mabuffaloe
06-14-2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks... good point! I know I should do that, and I have watermarked some of them.... just been lazy about the rest ;) I'll take care of that very soon.....

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.