PDA

View Full Version : [zombies/horror] Fleshrot II art (giant rat and shoe house)

Socar MYLES
06-06-2004, 06:35 PM
A sneak preview of the art from "Fleshrot 2". Wahoo (or "aw, EW!", or something).

"There Was an Old Woman" title page

http://www.gorblimey.com/art/oldwoman1.jpg

"The Giant Rat" (pinup)

http://www.gorblimey.com/art/evenindeath.jpg

The she-rat said to the giant rat: "Get out of my nest! You are huge and monstrous--you are not my son." So the giant rat went away, looking for his mother among the monsters. First, he went to the Worm Bed and searched among the warted toads. But the head toad said to him: "You are hairy all over and have a long tail. You are not my son." So he went to the Hissing Stump, where a tangle of snakes made their home. "Ssss," said the mother snake. "You have a long and scaly tail, it's true, but you have whiskers on your nose and a one-pronged tongue. You are not my son." And she, too, sent the giant rat on his way. Soon, he came to a house full of ogres. "This must be my home," he thought, "for who is more monstrous than an ogre?" But the ogress came out shaking her broom, and shouted: "Go away! You have beady eyes and ears like sails, and your nose is furry and wartless. You are not my son!" Sadly, the giant rat wandered into the graveyard, to sleep in the comforting shadow of the silent crypts. When he woke up, he saw that a zombie had come to sit beside him. "Arooooooo," said the zombie, and scratched the giant rat behind his ears with claw-like nails. "I love you too," said the giant rat. And they lived happily ever after.

The end.

If you like this and want to see more like it, please go to www.fleshrot.com for information about ordering Fleshrot books and products. FR #2 is currently taking preorders.

Crewler
06-06-2004, 08:33 PM
wow, looks very nice, fantastic style. :thumbsup:

:wavey: crewler

JARhead
06-07-2004, 12:26 AM
Indeed ^^^

Socar MYLES
06-07-2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks, guys--glad you like 'em!

cr0ss
06-07-2004, 08:30 PM
great!
the first picture remembers me of a fairytale, in which the character lives in such a shoe.
the female human-rat looks so extremly ugly. :scream:
nice details this monster.
;)

Socar MYLES
06-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Actually, that picture is the first page of a story based on the nursery rhyme about the old lady who lives in a shoe. But it's a really gruesome interpretation, involving a lot of zombies. :D

dgpilot
06-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Great work!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.