PDA

View Full Version : PainterClassic illustration:Freedom

rajdeep
06-06-2004, 03:30 PM
I am learning to do figure drawing ..want to improve upon it ...please give me some C/C...
http://www.rapidinternetservices.com/hosting/free1/FIu5qt1086535369.jpg

This is the first time I am doing it please help me and also indicate me if i am doing it the wrong way...

rajdeep
06-06-2004, 03:34 PM
I am sorry I didn't mention it..I am using a Ipen digital pen and painter classic which I got bundled with it...

rajdeep
06-09-2004, 02:19 PM
No critiques? at least some one can tell me how to improve up on it...

Incarlum
06-09-2004, 03:27 PM
well the thing is, you werent going for realism. This is your style I guesse and to be honest, I cant tell you anything about improving your own style. If you made a realistic drawing..... then I could help.
But Ill give it a try, maybe you should define your shapes better. Look at the hands and face for instance , work more on the hair also and i dont like the ass, its so bulky.
Your porportions arent that bad maybe just => the arm out in the open could be a bit smaller, the elbow doest seem right also.

Maybe you shouldnt draw water or things like that. just draw only the body with shade ofcourse etc..

rajdeep
06-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Thank's Incarlum yeah I was kind of drawing from the fuzzy thoughts I have. another one I did is as below...http://www.rapidinternetservices.com/hosting/free1/JM1DQl1086801708.jpg I think I am having difficulty in going into precise details....

Ilikesoup
06-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Maybe you shouldnt draw water or things like that.

I'd have to agree that if you're trying to get better at drawing anatomy you should focus on the body. Drawing her in water will only confuse you with added compications. The shading you've done looks good, but you need to smooth out those scribbles on her hands and head. Try to get details right but don't avoid drawing them for fear of getting them wrong. Keep working on rendering the body and post updates when you can. Good luck.

Incarlum
06-09-2004, 10:33 PM
you say that you have difficulty going into details. Ummmm.... try being more patient you dont have to finish your drawing in 30 minutes, to have a good looking drawing that has nice details you atleast need about 6 hours (depending on how good you are and the amount of detail that you want to put in the drawing).
Study the human anatomy, everypart of the human body is made in porportions and ratios, sort of a law. try looking for example at your own hand, you will see that your middle finger is as long as the part of your hand where your fingers are attached to (or about the same size) etc.... Otherwise just practise the parts that you have difficulty with. Start drawing only a hand, no need for shading its just to get to know the anatomy etc...
Practise practise practise....

rajdeep
06-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Thanks Incarlum and Ilikesoup...I agree with you, I shouldn't have drawn water if i was looking for crits on figure drawing..it was so foolish of me...I am sorry...and yes I agree with you...It's the patience that I lack...This time I tried to go deep while drawing...and resisted the urge to complete it...but could not hold on for more...but I agree it has some benefits..http://www.picrack.com/001/other/jayadratha.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.