PDA

View Full Version : enviroment: Filthy Apartment Bathroom

dangerkid
06-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Okay, nothing has shown up in this post and I apologize for that, I have no idea why. Fixed now.

Anyway, I've just finished up a little project I've been working on and thought I'd post it. I've decided to name it after my old apartment building in Cincinnati - 212 W. McMillan.

Maya 5, Photoshop CS

Crits and Comments welcome!

http://www.dangerkid.com/images/bathroom/bathroomNightLS.jpg

http://www.dangerkid.com/images/bathroom/bathroomDayLS.jpg

http://www.dangerkid.com/images/bathroom/bathroomNightSink.jpg

Thanks

Sister Ky
06-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Well... the walls and the mirror look great and real. Has almost film-quality.
But the water-thing (too lazzy to look up the word) looks much too CG. This quality can be used in an egoshooter at best...

Greetz, Ky.

dangerkid
06-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Ah... I suppose you mean the water faucet. Yeah, I guess it does stand out a little bit, especially where it meets the counter top. Just one of those things you overlook 'till someone else points it out. :)

pic2230
06-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Looks good so far, my only crit is the sink needs to be smoothed unless thats what you were going for. I think if it was smoothed the textures would look better inside it. Then maybe the textures on the walls look big. I think at least thats what it is, just something looks a little off.

dangerkid
06-08-2004, 05:16 PM
The multi-faced sink is what I was going for, however I understand the problem with the walls - the tex res doesn't match the sink counter well enough. It's bloody big as it is, but I'm going to be doing a couple of new renders in the next day or so.. hopefully I can fix that.

Soon2bAnimator
06-08-2004, 06:01 PM
looks good the only crit i have is the inner sink could be rounded off a bit...it looks to octogonish (if thats even a word)

The-Observer
06-08-2004, 06:10 PM
The thing that bothers me the most is actually the towell, it looks to flat, I'm surprised that no one else mentioned this. Except for that and the things already said, it's looking good. :)

jscheel
06-08-2004, 07:03 PM
The multi-faceted sink is cool, but the edges need some serious beveling/rounding.

BillSpradlin
06-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Also in the second pic, your texture sizes aren't holding up that close to the camera. I think it could use a little more dirt all around. The faucet could use more spec and reflectivity, even if it is dull, it's still going to shine a little bit. Throw some more rust around the tip of it where the water exits. Also more grime and grout on the walls. More wear and tear on the cabinets as well, especially around the knobs. Oils from hands rubbing off around those areas will leave dark spots over time.

Other than what else has been said that is pretty much it. I'd probably move this to the WIP forum and continue to update it. Good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.