PDA

View Full Version : Animation: platformzero short

ant-
06-05-2004, 01:39 PM
2 Minute Animation 3 sizes available HERE (http://www.platformzero.com)

3mb 7mb and 11mb versions

My Final Year Degree major project

http://www.platformzero.com/images/Poster.jpg

All completed with Maya Complete (so no fur :rolleyes: ) all shot on a canon XL1s and tracked with an educational licence of Icarus, postprocessed with shake 2.5, a huge amount of rotoshaping was involved. All crits are welcome, but I think i need a break from this for a while, as its been a long project.

I suppose i am looking for work now :cool:

[edit] i had to re-encode them a bit better, its sucking my bandwidth

francescaluce
06-05-2004, 01:47 PM
nice.. well done.
I particulary enjoyed the fishes..

some little noise problems here and there.. but good quality.. for that kind of suburb mood..

ciao
francesca

99X
06-05-2004, 02:23 PM
that was really awesome... tracking was very good, except for the very end with the poster... but it wasn't too noticeable...
the bear through the wall was way cool. Good job!

ant-
06-05-2004, 02:29 PM
particularly glad you liked it francescaluce, the hand actually has a icle tiny bit of Sub-surface scattering rendered as a pass thanks to YOU!, also big thanks to the big muh for the orriginal shader, and his dirtshader was used on every scene, that saved me hours of rendering those soft shadows.

DigiLusionist
06-05-2004, 04:46 PM
That was very well done. The lighting on everything CG looked very well integrated with live action. The titles were also a cool idea.

Ch3
06-05-2004, 05:02 PM
excellent!
I liked the bear as well and off course the whole idea

well done

Morten_Jensen
06-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Extremely well done :thumbsup:
I also really like the fish and the ripple effects.

Superduper!

Morten

JesseDavis
06-06-2004, 10:21 AM
yea the fish were definately the coolest. but i was all cool too. I just loved the fish :)

miao3d
06-06-2004, 12:05 PM
:drool: i like it very much:thumbsup:

AndrewE
06-06-2004, 05:33 PM
One of my favourite animations this year!

Good job!

stephen2002
06-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Great animation and a great concept.

There were a couple of places where the camera sync was off, most notably the end. The poster was kinda shifting around within the frame as the camera backed away.

freedik
06-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Wow! This was absolutely great! Not just technically but the concept and mood as well. I really liked the end. Fish too, of course :P Music is rather simple but gives a nice mood to it.
I didn't watch it too closely so I didn't notice much to whine about.

ant-
06-07-2004, 12:11 PM
first of all i am sorry if anyone has had broken links recently, my web-server has had my server go down far too often, i am talking to them now.:wip: hopefuly they will sort something out

anyway thankyou so much for the replies, it seems to be going quite well my bandwidth is draining like mad so i rencoded them smaller, but almost the same quality

the sizes are now 11mb 7mb and 3mb versions.

When I have some bandwidth spare I will upload a comparason between the orriginal footage and processed footage, as hopefully there are some parts you wont notice, for example, as she runs round the corner at the end, and looks back round the foreground is in a train station an hours drive away from the background
:beer:
tell you what i was pleases when i pulled that off

once again thankyou.... I hope to get this into a reel and off to some london effects houses soon, I can't live the student life forever

Airflow
06-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Nice twist at the end, and great overall Idea.... will bookmark your site for any other work your doing....

Boone
06-15-2004, 09:15 PM
Now that was pretty good. A good all-round effort.

Though I must ask who the charming, young lady in the video was...if not - a phone-number will suffice.:cool:

ant-
06-15-2004, 09:41 PM
:) the nice young lady is a good friend of mine, but i dont think she would be too keen on giving out phone numbers:surprised

found out today, I have graduated with a 1st class (hons) degree for this and the rest of my degree work.

Hansybear
06-15-2004, 09:50 PM
You will have my personal "WICKED SICK" medal :beer:
totally awsome, i loved it!

-cain-
06-15-2004, 10:21 PM
ant- that piece was great :buttrock: martyn did an awesome job with the music, i really like song. good luck to you with everything:applause:

ant-
06-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Bizzerker
ant- that piece was great :buttrock: martyn did an awesome job with the music, i really like song. good luck to you with everything:applause:

if you like the music you might like this, http://www.racuda.co.uk/ its my brothers site, he composed and performed the music for me.

edit:the site might not be working properly, i will tell him first thing tommorow

-cain-
06-16-2004, 03:44 PM
the site has no music

ant-
06-16-2004, 08:16 PM
he is having trouble with the site, i have a mirrored site here http://barracuda.cg-eye.co.uk

Dr. Ira Kane
06-16-2004, 08:44 PM
watched it, liked it :D seriously you did a great job, nice idea, music, composition, all was very good. Pro work !
now checking that music site :D bye

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.