PDA

View Full Version : "New user alert"

Bentagon
06-05-2004, 10:37 AM
New user alert: Your post needs to be reviewed by moderators before being displayed.
This may take up to 12 hours. Do NOT repost your message.
I got this message the last two times I posted something in the "Gallery/Finished Work: 3D"-forum. Why is this? I personally think it's rather annoying, for multiple reasons. For example, you could post a message, but before it's actually viewable on the forum, there could've been a dozen other users posting the same comment. It's also a bad thing for people who want to get final criticism on some work they did for a contest, of which the deadline is only one day away...

could somebody give some explenation of why this is being done? Can't the moderators just edit posts that are going against the rules of this forum?

thanks

- Bentagon

Rei Ayanami
06-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Its only for your first 5 posts, which you now have so you dont have to worry about it happening anymore.

The reason is that if people come and spam away, their spammage is allready their, and the mods have to clean everything up. This takes more time, and also harms the reputation of CGtalk.
But by simply looking at the first 5 posts of new users, the spammers get stopped from occuring, and the boards remain professional in context.

Its worth it tho:thumbsup:

Bentagon
06-06-2004, 12:34 PM
ah, I see :)
In that case, it's actually a very good idea

good to know :)

- Bentagon

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.