PDA

View Full Version : Need help to model this

DeadlyAppearanc
06-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Hi, i`m a 3Ds max user. I have try to model the wood which you can see at the first picture on the link. At the last picture in this thread you can see the scene and the gadrobe for which i must model the wood.
I have try to model it with polygones or splynes, but my skill isn`t good enough to get a result something like this.
I hope someone can help me.

Link (http://www.threedy.com/site/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7653&perpage=15&pagenumber=7)

DeadlyAppearanc
06-07-2004, 02:04 AM
36 views and nobody can help me :(

pokoy
06-07-2004, 07:58 AM
i feel responsible for your problem since rodgau is near to my hometown. will look at it again when at home (working now) and give you some advice. gude!

Jb5k1
06-10-2004, 11:16 AM
thats actualy kinda easy

make a box with a few extrusions (enough to make the inset lines) then bevel or chamfer the lines a bunch, make the edges hard and then shape it and stuff...

DeadlyAppearanc
06-10-2004, 11:36 AM
I haven`t use bevel in max. I have try it with box modeling, but at the end, i have so many vertex, that i`m to stupid to handel it.
I hope you can explain me, how i combine box modeling and bevel to get a nice result.

Jb5k1
06-10-2004, 07:00 PM
k in max, make the box with so many verticle divisions then select an edge, right click and i think u should use chamfer then extrude the face it makes inwards and keep going

the close the lines are together, the more definition it will have when u smooth so maybe 4 or 5 extrusions inwards will work good

play around iwth max and find the best way

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.