PDA

View Full Version : www.animationmentor.com

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

hideandfreak
02-17-2005, 09:22 AM
all done witht the app. Went pretty smooth although I checked my asnwers like 1000 times, so I am probably last. I hope everyone was able to get through it with no problems. It was fun chattin with all you, hope to see you in class soon.

mjSoft
02-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Nobody got an email to confirm registration right? Just checking, god I'm paranoid...

No...not me. So I guess it ok.

Makomako
sory, but just a confirmation..

Major, it's when you finish 1st of your class or when you get the degree?

mmkelly011881
The site is beautiful guys!

Rabid pitbull
02-17-2005, 09:24 AM
Yippeee!! Been a long time waiting for this moment(not just talking about tonight either :D). I am sooooo excited, good luck to everyone else who applied!

FUG1T1VE
02-17-2005, 09:25 AM
so next time you are waiting for something just think about this thread thingy here.:applause:

F#$% sleep, now to fire up the animation application.:buttrock:

best of luck AM prospects. keep up the great work AM team.

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Heh, I couldn't cut and paste (I forgot to try a different browser in my excitement!), so I retyped the entire essay into the field.

monstersauce
02-17-2005, 09:26 AM
okay it's been fun and the site looks great, guys!
now I must sleep...
g'nite or good morning to all!

darkefire
thank god i do a CRAP load of number-sensitive data entry ALLL DAY LONG at work (credit applications, shipments, addresses). who would have thought that a job might help you get into a school one day :thumbsup:

animboom
There are no "automatic" confirmations, but you have all applied successfully. once you see the little character draw in you have applied successfully!

-BOOM

hideandfreak
i went back to the application link after submitting and I could see all my answers, so for those of you who want to quadruple check your email address and all that you may want to check there. I problem wouldnt hit submit again though with out checking with one of the AM guys.

SheepFactory
application complete!

bring on march!

:D

jono338
02-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Done. Now that was a test. Perhaps they should have a word with that programmer. No cursor feedback. Some weird constraint about selecting text with the mouse, and hasn't anyone heard of TAB going to the next *logical* field. And I think they left out the the Country field. Unless they know where Newtown, NSW, it's going to be a bit of a guessing game.

Sorry, but that was really frustrating after all the waiting.

Anyway, glad it's over. Now, the waiting begins. Oh, deja vu. :)

Cheers, and good luck all. It's been fun, strangely enough.

bentllama
02-17-2005, 09:29 AM
application complete!

bring on march!

:D

mee too!

let's party at GDC!

Ejecta
02-17-2005, 09:29 AM
Congrats to Bobby and the gang. Site looks awsome. Good luck to everyone. Off to get a bit of sleep.

peanuckle
02-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Man I had a heck of a time finding my old schools address. You would think they would have it in an easy to find spot. BUT NOOOO. Got it all done! I went a little long on the essay but not by to much. Im just long winded when it comes to essays and speeches.

Crosses fingers and toes hoping to get in.

Tanner

immerzeelpictures
02-17-2005, 09:32 AM
some how it remembered the field values. I could read back my data when revisting the application page.

So I could double check my application...

Everything went fine... I spelled my name right.

molson67
02-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Good luck to all that have applied. It's been fun reading all the posts tonight.

Good luck Bobby Carlos and Shawn.

This is is going to be so much fun!!!

mark

1)3d
2)Maya student version
3)Maybe 3dsMax

Guiliguili
02-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Done.
very strange things. Impossible for me to type the "@" sign for the mail address. Must go to my mail, copy and paste to be able to have the "@"...
Hope all is ok for you and also for me....

Is it necessary to wait for the test now ? Need to sleep a little.

Guiliguili

Jozvex
02-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Hehe that was fun. The website is cool!

bentllama
02-17-2005, 09:37 AM
wow. quite a few of the mentors and collaborators were all guys a year or two ahead of me in classical animation back at Sheridan College.

good times.

maelstrom
02-17-2005, 09:38 AM
phew, i got it done too.

Bloody Flash - not being able to recognise non-standard latin letters. Had to somehow correct all the adresses into something it understood :eek:

Btw, what is a GED? I didn't even know what it is, so i checked "NO" lol.

mmkelly011881
02-17-2005, 09:40 AM
who cares about the little things, they have a nice little introductory interview with Eric Goldberg!!!

GED is a high school equivalency exam here in the US. If you drop out of high school and still want the diploma you have to take a GED

maelstrom
02-17-2005, 09:42 AM
yeah, great site! :bounce:

well done, and also thanks to the programmer, having sorted out all the problems. i really hope to see all you guys in there!

philippeduvin
02-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Hey man, in the personnal information, theres no country field .... ?

animboom
02-17-2005, 09:49 AM
We know about the country field and the tabbing, we'll be fixing that tomorrow. It was more important to get it out there for you. As for the "@" symbol not showing up I've never seen that? Are you using IE?

Anyways, THANKS a ton for staying up late/early to kick this puppy off! From the looks of it it's going to be a ton of fun!!!

We'll see you soon!

-BOOM

jono338
02-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Hey. Just had a look around the site. That's really wizard! Very flash. No really ... :D

Congratulations guys. Looks like it can't be anything but a success.

Cheers,

Magenta_
02-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Good luck to everybody!!!, my computer became very slow :( , i just wish i made it on time and get in . Now i´m not sleepy any more!!

Guiliguili
02-17-2005, 09:53 AM
We know about the country field and the tabbing, we'll be fixing that tomorrow. It was more important to get it out there for you. As for the "@" symbol not showing up I've never seen that? Are you using IE?

No I am using Firefox 1.0

May be it's the problem ?

My question again : does I need to wait for the test or can I sleep a little ? But before I will try to visit the site. Very fun.

Guiliguili

philippeduvin
02-17-2005, 09:54 AM
thanks you for getting us this school and this great website !!...and thansk all for the big help and fun during the launch waiting, that was a nice preview of what animation mentor community will be ! :thumbsup:

Can we fill the form a second time if we did some mistakes the first time ? :)

textureyes
02-17-2005, 09:58 AM
ouch
retyping the whole essey in to the browser because copy and paste would not work...

is it cos im on a mac..???
not my machine..
not a good idea in my state.
doh

Makomako
02-17-2005, 10:00 AM
> Guiliguili i've got firefox too and i've got the same problem.
As for the test, they'll send it later. you can go to sleep.

mattmos
02-17-2005, 10:01 AM

Anyways, THANKS a ton for staying up late/early to kick this puppy off! From the looks of it it's going to be a ton of fun!!!

We'll see you soon!

-BOOM

Yeah baby! Congrats on getting everything up and running - can't wait to start!

Magenta_
02-17-2005, 10:02 AM
i guess you can go to sleep now, if i understood, they are not sending the SLE test right now, but in less than 24 hrs.

Guiliguili
02-17-2005, 10:03 AM
To MakoMako,

thanks for your answer. Hope to see you soon may be in a few hours.

Bye

Guiliguili

liquidik
02-17-2005, 10:03 AM
WOW that's adrenaline !!!

Hey Bobby, Carlos and Shawn...
I just want to say that YOU GUYS SIMPLY ROCK !!!

(Just imagine how it could be if we can meet every day at school personally)

Gianmichele

DonHuan
02-17-2005, 10:04 AM
I lost the first email of AM of including my personal login name and password, i forgot it(stupid i am)....i hope that doesn't make any difference with the priority etc...:)

animboom
02-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Just a quick heads up: test will come later so get some sleep. :)

Also, as we've said before the site works best with IE (internet explorer), as with a complex site such as this we need to make it solid on one browser and then expand from there. Complex meaning the student area. We hope you enjoy :)

-BOOM

mattmos
02-17-2005, 10:14 AM
I lost the first email of AM of including my personal login name and password, i forgot it(stupid i am)....i hope that doesn't make any difference with the priority etc...:)

I think that was just a password to a mailing list service which they've since switched, so don't worry about that :)

DonHuan
02-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Thanks mattmos:thumbsup: , you are a good classmate....:applause:

Here is a link with the image i made waiting for AM to launch hope it works...i couldn't attach it here...

http://users.cjb.net/donhuan/amcrazy1.jpg

PixelTales
02-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Application in, Yipppee!!! :bounce: The site looks amazing AM crew. :thumbsup: I really liked the addidtions to the AM preview movie, and the Eric Goldberg preview. Now to finally get some rest so I am refreshed for the test. Good luck every one.

philippeduvin
02-17-2005, 10:36 AM
and here it comes...im startin to freak out.. pleas let me in !!

i cut some words on my essay because it was about 800 words :scream:

I hope the small version is not less representative of my motivation, because man, i could take aplane and explain to all San francisco peoples how much im crazy about that school :bounce:

hideandfreak
02-17-2005, 10:40 AM
i want to see you pic donHuan but i got errors trying to view it.

immerzeelpictures
02-17-2005, 10:40 AM
I think the AM crew has got a lot of reading ahead.

Good luck. I hope we all get in....

omni
02-17-2005, 10:42 AM
When I click on the link of the new news letter I cant view the site. Anybody else have the same problem???

jtoon
02-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Hello to all from Spain!

I'm in work now and i can't do the registration yet. I'll make it at the time i'll be in my home...
I'll gonna be out ? It's too late?

Ouuuuu! Im so scared!

Please don't let me ouuut!

Thanks!

mattmos
02-17-2005, 10:53 AM
When I click on the link of the new news letter I cant view the site. Anybody else have the same problem???

Don't worry about the newsletter dude - just type in the web address: www.animationmentor.com

Other than that refresh your browser :)

My Fault
02-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Well congrats to the AM folk for getting this started and all my fellow potential students for making this a fun night/morning. Hopefully all the coffee I drank will wear off by tomorrow so I can actually sleep! :scream:

hideandfreak
02-17-2005, 11:36 AM
ya, I tired that sleeping thing . . . It didnt go well. I hope the AM guys are getting some rest after that crazy night.

Helen Parr
02-17-2005, 11:57 AM
This is madness!!???

I didn't visit this thread for just a few days and look..

100 over posts!! Every SINGLE minute....

Seriously everyone AM is a new phenomena...
imagine waiting in line but you can't see the line, because ITS ONLINE!!
Okay, bad joke..http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

philippeduvin
02-17-2005, 12:00 PM
waw helen, you've miss a things, nerver stupid and fun things have been said on a forum so quickly ! :thumbsup: but it was really a great way to wait the launch !!

RayenD
02-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Cool, at least made a decision besides all my gripes and doubts and registered for summer/fall classes :).

Hope to see you there!

Bentagon
02-17-2005, 12:14 PM
imagine of guys who come back from work to check on how things are on this thread only to find it blown up by 20 pages.....
jeezzzzOr like... 45 pages!! Talk about a FREENZZYYY! And I had to miss it :'(
Was at the doctor and radiography all morning... had performed an absolute CRAZY move in my basketball game last night. Bumped into this big guy while dribbling and just flew over him, spinning and twirling through the air all matrix-style and then fell on my ass:D Well, lower back. They should've taped it for reference! Fortunately, nothings broken... except for my heart for missing this ;)

You guys did a great job waiting for it all people! I got TOTALLY excited by just reading all those hyper-energetic posts. And of course, once again, BIG thanks and congratulations to Bobby, Carlos, Shawn and the whole AM-crew. Be sure to go wild with the champagne (and paella)!

Checking the site now...

oh, and before I forget:
1) 3D, traditional ánd stopmotion. I might as well broaden my horizon, and I'm sure those media will teach me all kind of different things and train me to the top ;)
2) Yes, I'm planning to buy the educational license of Maya: Complete
3) I'll probably use Animation: Master for my shortfilm
4) MOVIES!!

- Benjamin

Helen Parr
02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
I wonder is the 300 space regristration full already?

philippeduvin
02-17-2005, 12:18 PM
im sure that's already the case :)

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Well, after cuddling with my puppy and eating some tasty potatoes for breakfast, I think I'm ready to look back on the registration process fondly. :D It was pretty freaking cool to see 104 people reading the thread at once... And Shawn, Bobby, and Carlos, thank you so much for dropping in often to give us updates. It took the edge off. :)

Now I'm all ready to get jazzed up again! Easy enough when the new site is so cool. I guess it was worth the wait, eh? :D

Bentagon, damn, that sounds awful! (But yeah, I would have loved to have studied the video.... ;) ) You're hoping to get into the Fall session, right? Have you applied yet?

Bentagon
02-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Not just yet... still checkin' out the site :D
It is simply AWESOME!

- Benjamin

andy_maxman
02-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Or like... 45 pages!! Talk about a FREENZZYYY! And I had to miss it :'(
Was at the doctor and radiography all morning... had performed an absolute CRAZY move in my basketball game last night. Bumped into this big guy while dribbling and just flew over him, spinning and twirling through the air all matrix-style and then fell on my ass:D Well, lower back. They should've taped it for reference! Fortunately, nothings broken... except for my heart for missing this ;)

You guys did a great job waiting for it all people! I got TOTALLY excited by just reading all those hyper-energetic posts. And of course, once again, BIG thanks and congratulations to Bobby, Carlos, Shawn and the whole AM-crew. Be sure to go wild with the champagne (and paella)!

Checking the site now...

oh, and before I forget:
1) 3D, traditional ánd stopmotion. I might as well broaden my horizon, and I'm sure those media will teach me all kind of different things and train me to the top ;)
2) Yes, I'm planning to buy the educational license of Maya: Complete
3) I'll probably use Animation: Master for my shortfilm
4) MOVIES!!

- Benjamin

man you are such a sweetheart......you actually read all those pages......great patience man.
are you done with the application yet? if you havent, are you saying that you wanted to go through all these threads and then apply?
we seriously missed you bentagon. it sure was some sort of irony.
all the best mate.
;-) and take care about your back.
andy

AZL42
02-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Notes the users watching the forum. You awake already Bobby Boom?

Helen Parr
02-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Bobby's Awake?!?
But I'm going to bed, my timezone is different though, good night... happy animating.... zzzzzz

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Uh oh... I think I got hooked on this thread this morning... I keep refreshing and refreshing the page, even though there isn't a new post every 30 seconds anymore. I need a fix! :)

I think I'm on my 6th wind or something. Trying to figure out how I can get the afternoon off work to go home and sleep.....

Bentagon
02-17-2005, 02:15 PM
man you are such a sweetheart......you actually read all those pages......great patience man.
are you done with the application yet? if you havent, are you saying that you wanted to go through all these threads and then apply?
we seriously missed you bentagon. it sure was some sort of irony.
all the best mate.
;-) and take care about your back.
andyHee hee, thanks! I didn't have much to do really, my doctor said I shouldn't go to school today and walking hurts ;)
Not that I wouldn't have read it otherwise, cause it was great fun!

- Benjamin

Helen Parr
02-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Hey, I'm still awake?
Since I'm here, I'll just say congratulations to those that were accepted to AM.
I wish I can join in the gang but doh.. my country's currency level is kinda low... can't afford it.
Maybe in the near future, but I have this one thing to say..

Never in my life I have seen soooooo many poeple love animating, this just boosted my moral to start my animating carrer.

A BIG thank you to Bobby, Carlos, Shawn and the whole AM-crew for creating this online school for everyone in the world. I wish I can meet them in person someday... time will tell...

(drops down on chair and immediatly backed out) ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz...

animboom
02-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Yo, yo yo. yeah, I'm here. :bounce:

Bentagon; wow man, you deserve some kind of award for doing crazy matrix moves in your basketball game. Maybe that's why you hurt yourself? haa haa, I know I can get carried away too sometimes. I can just see it in slow motion in your perspective and then from the audience in the stands perspective. Haa haa! That's a good comedy... Well... except for the fact that you hurt yourself. I hope you feel well.

Last night was a rush and we're all very excited! After a couple hours of sleep I'm ready to go!!

-BOOM

stewartjones
02-17-2005, 02:30 PM
This thread was awesome around launch time. I had a little routine...

1. Refresh AMO
2. Refresh CGTalk
3. Refresh AMO
4. Refresh CGTalk
5. Post on CGTalk (Optional! :D )
(Repeat for 2 hours!)

Oh it was fun indeedy!!! :thumbsup:

AZL42
02-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Hey there,

Thank you for all your hard work, the site looks great. Also please note that us here online are willing to give personal interviews, bribes, what-have-you's to increase our chances of getting in :-)

-Adam

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 02:54 PM
The thread highlight this morning was definitely Sheep Factory's sketches. So... evocative. :)

mgarward
02-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Bobby's back already? I guess I never quite left, so I can understand.:) Still, I don't envy you guys having to read through all those applications and essays. (I wonder how many there are so far?)

Now, to put the amazing Refresh skills I aquired earlier this morning into action, watching my email for news about the next step.:)

Need... more... coffee...

liquidik
02-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey Jason, are you ready to start mentoring ??? :)

textureyes
02-17-2005, 03:24 PM
time is ticking on in this part of the world.
i 16 hours ahead of california....
i hope i can get some responce soon as i will be taking the test in a very tierd and hyped up state.
its 12:30am on fri now for me.
bring it on...
good luck to all.
this forum does keep me going.. it was almost a page a min ealier

jschleifer
02-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Hey Jason, are you ready to start mentoring ??? :)

hells yeah!

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 03:34 PM
It looks like people from a huge variety of time zones are applying... I wonder how that's going to work with the mandatory scheduled mentor sessions? Are 11 people ever going to find a time that works for all of them?

*imagines another year and a half of going to bed at midnight and waking up at 3am*

;)

EchoSierra
02-17-2005, 03:36 PM
hey textureyes (http://cgtalk.com/member.php?u=69847) vbmenu_register("postmenu_1977830", true); if its friday there get me yesterdays lotto numbers

philippeduvin
02-17-2005, 03:36 PM
hey jason, good to have you here back...

see what i found ? :) http://jonhandhisdog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1152&st=30&#entry11462

please man. be my mentor !!!

textureyes
02-17-2005, 03:40 PM
It looks like people from a huge variety of time zones are applying... I wonder how that's going to work with the mandatory scheduled mentor sessions? Are 11 people ever going to find a time that works for all of them?

*imagines another year and a half of going to bed at midnight and waking up at 3am*

;)

i know... and im upfor it...
and still go to work...

liquidik
02-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Well guys I'm in adrenaline nowwwwww....test done, 28 questions in 8 minutes, hope that I've answered well :))))

A question guys: did I receive an answer even if I'm not accepted???

Now I need to sleep :))))

SheepFactory
02-17-2005, 03:46 PM
The thread highlight this morning was definitely Sheep Factory's sketches. So... evocative. :)

what morning? that was 2am yesterday :P

philippeduvin
02-17-2005, 03:46 PM
i know... and im upfor it...
and still go to work...

wow you got the test already ??

jschleifer
02-17-2005, 03:47 PM
hey jason, good to have you here back...

see what i found ? :) http://jonhandhisdog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1152&st=30&#entry11462

gah!!!

hah!

holy crap. I look tired there.. and man, that video was from what.. 3 years ago? :)

swadepgh
02-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Aja B.

;)

I hope that the posting frenzy last night was a little preview for what the AM community will be like, except that we will be busy animating as well if we all get in. THat was loads of fun. AS for the sleep deprivation for a year and a half....if it's for something as exciting and fun as animating then it is so worth it!

Has anyone taken the funky lil test yet?

dazed
02-17-2005, 03:49 PM
hi guys,

I realised that in some of the videos, the audio and video are out of synch. For example, under HowDoesItWork>>SneakPeakInsideAM, the lips movement of the lady lag significantly behind what I am hearing.
Is it because of my PC? or somebody also experience the same thing?

I am using IE, with 1G RAM and using GE Force FX card...

AjaBogdanoff
what morning? that was 2am yesterday :P

It's not yesterday until I get some sleep in between then and now! ;)

liquidik
Yes, I've received an email inviting me to do a test for AM :)

Well guys, I do skydiving from time to time and I can assure you that this is the same kind of adrenaline :bounce:

philippeduvin
is somebody already got the test here ?? i got nothing and startin to freak out :eek:

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 03:51 PM
I've reached my freak-out quota for the day. While I wait for my test, I'm going to avail myself of the delightful cafeteria service here at work. :)

*hits check mail button 10 times in 5 seconds*

:)

EchoSierra
02-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Does anyone here know anything about UAT?

AZL42
02-17-2005, 03:58 PM
I was able to get 28 of the 30 questions done in the 8 minutes given. Have you guys gotten the email/done it yet?

mayakindaguy
02-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Wow, everyone's still at it huh? lol. Glad to see how enthusiastic everyone is. I haven't recieved the e-mail for the test yet, but I will be eagerly awaiting since it appears that it does come today.

swadepgh
02-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Well hopefully the first come first serve thing is based on our application being submitted rather than the test submission. I don't think most of the applicants are able to wait by the computer all day.

Wow now I just really want to know if I am in or not. THe suspense is killing me!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

philippeduvin
02-17-2005, 04:26 PM
is somebody have an idea when we re supposed to know if we're in or not ?

mattmos
02-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Not a peep here, really keen to get this test done... please email, come soon :bounce:

swadepgh
02-17-2005, 04:28 PM
I think I saw in the catalog or newsletter that it would take 2-3 weeks to get notification of final acceptance. I hope that it is sooner than that though.

EchoSierra
02-17-2005, 04:30 PM
has anyone seen that car commercial with the Esuvee "SUV"?

you know where they ridding the huge creatures

mayakindaguy
02-17-2005, 04:33 PM
I've got the test!!! http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gif

For other's reference that's 9:AM PST. Good luck everyone, now I'm off to rack my brain on some odius and dubious questions. What is the velocity of a 400 pound elephant if it were to slip on a bananna peel and canon ball into the amazon river if the initial force is 30 newtons and this was all taking place on mars? Well, I'm sure the questions aren't like that. heh. sorry, I'm tired. I'll be quiet now.

maelstrom
02-17-2005, 04:34 PM
no email received yet.

am i the only one getting paranoid about having filled in the wrong adress into the application form? :eek:

mattmos
02-17-2005, 04:36 PM
no you're definitely not the only one...

mgarward
02-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Definitely not... I've been wanting to re-check to see a confirmation since about, oh, 2 minutes after I submitted the form. "Which email address did I use? Was it right? How do they put the 'M's on "M&M's"?"

Hmm... that last one might just be from sleep deprivation...

philippeduvin
02-17-2005, 04:41 PM
me i just wanted to fill the form a second time :) just to be sure...but didnt do it..:sad:
I think bobby is working now on sending test mail to everyone...one by one ..crap !! after a so short night :scream:

mmkelly011881
02-17-2005, 04:42 PM
if you click on Application on the AM:Online site you can see what you put in as your email address

philippeduvin
02-17-2005, 04:44 PM
if you click on Application on the AM:Online site you can see what you put in as your email address

i can see nothing... arghhhhhhhh my gosh , im freakin outtt :D

My Fault
02-17-2005, 04:46 PM
well I'm done with the test.... now I have to wait some more..... Aghhh!!!

Good luck everyone!

mmkelly011881
02-17-2005, 04:47 PM
sorry modus, yep you're right... i just remembered that after i finished it last night i went back and checked it.. it's gone now

bentllama
02-17-2005, 04:48 PM
has anyone seen that car commercial with the Esuvee "SUV"?

you know where they ridding the huge creatures

I love that commercial. Who did the FX?

My Fault
02-17-2005, 04:49 PM
So when is the swimsuit portion of the test? I don't want to be standing around in my thong all day. It's cold! :eek:

swadepgh
02-17-2005, 04:49 PM
I got the test email. Now I just need to wait until all of my coworkers go to lunch to take it. They talk and goof off most of the day so it won't be even close to quiet here until they leave for lunch.

I hope that waiting to take the test will not negatively affect my chances of getting accepted.

textureyes
02-17-2005, 04:50 PM
oh how i wish i could double check my email i typed...
please bring on the test....

clockwerkz
02-17-2005, 04:51 PM
i can see nothing... arghhhhhhhh my gosh , im freakin outtt :D

It's ok..I haven't recieved it either..but we will, don't worry. :)

cW

mgarward
02-17-2005, 04:53 PM
So when is the swimsuit portion of the test? I don't want to be standing around in my thong all day. It's cold! :eek:

Hehehe!

"I love helping the needy, and donate as much as possible to the poor and homeless. I enjoy hiking, scuba-diving, and driving husky teams to the south pole. I read a book once... I think. If I could wish for one thing it would be world peace. Thank you!"

stewartjones
02-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Just completed my test now...

I WANNA KNOW, I WANNA KNOW :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:thumbsup:

monstersauce
02-17-2005, 04:54 PM
okay, took the test and I am steeling myself for the wait...
BTW I hate tests you're not supposed to finish!

I must say I had a lot of fun last night, I kinda got to know the community (or at least sleep devprived versions thereof) and it just made me more excited about AM!
All y'all Rock!

hopin' there's room in AM for all!
and let the waiting begin!

EchoSierra
02-17-2005, 04:55 PM
i dont know who did the fx for the commercial but it might not be that hard find out

EchoSierra
02-17-2005, 05:00 PM
i found a site that talks about the company who made the commercial http://www.deathfall.com/article.php?sid=4848

animboom
02-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey, folks. Yes, we are sending the tests our now. We have an amazing staff of folks doing this. And... yes, even though I did not have much sleep I'm all BOOM today!!:bounce:

No worries, we'll get to you guys. Thanks for hanging in there!

Yeah, if AnimationMentor is anything like last night on CG talk then I think it's gonna be amazing and very special, and that's what we've always hoped for! More Paella for everyone!!

-BOOM

mayakindaguy
02-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Well I'm done with the test. Here's my experience:

I tried taking the test with Internet Explorer on my workstation and for some reason it wouldn't work. The page just said thank you for testing with us, and I was like "Oh nooooo, the agony." I think it may have been the cursed firewall.

Well, I quickly rushed to my laptop and it seemed to work fine there. Got my pen and paper ready and then on like the first math question that i needed to write something down my pen ran out of ink. heh. Good thing I have a huge amount of writing untensils<-are pens really untensils? lying around.

Needless, to say very excited, very nervous, and quite dazed and confused, but I guess I've done all I can for now. phew. Good thing there's no interviewing process or I think I'd faint.

btw. are you guys really wearing thongs? ewwwwwww. shivers.

textureyes
02-17-2005, 05:03 PM
thats it... all fingernails have gone...
going to start on the toenails now...
glad ive got no web cam here...

Sniffet
02-17-2005, 05:13 PM
ARrrgh.. Still no sign of a email containing links to the test.. Puuh, the signup earlier this morning was such complete madness.. I hadn't checked my mail at all last day due to sickness, and when I came to work at the morning the mail said, signup now tonight!! Mmm, after some calculus, I noticed that now tonight meant right now! on my side of the globe :) Ok, I got three minutes to prepare all my details on a empty notepad so I can copy and paste... And then nothing.. and nothing.. And then this site went beserk..

Really appreciated all corny illustrations of the agony everyone felt.. Mmmm after hours of bashing the F5, I started to get nervous.. I´ve got customer meeting in 30 minutes.. Please let me on.. Then finally It worked.. -we want your highschool adress.. Huuh?? It was like totally insany long time since I went to highschool. How the heck should I know what adress the school have (I think it burnt down a couple of years ago actually).. Anyway, after completely pasting all my prepared information totally in the wrong spaces, furiously hitting the tab key to beyond infinity and beyond I start to sweat because the clients rushes into my office and begun having a loud chatter on whos coffee sucks worst, Im starting to get sick again.. Now dear good old windows pops up in the middle of everything and wants me to restart, because its done its usual pointless update.. Arrgh!! Nervous breakdown.. Now my room is cluttered with people, and I still don't know if I am to press "I have a GED" or not since I haven't figured out it that meant "I have a GED or Equialent" or "I have a GED but still don't have a clue what it means" or if it really means I have a GED.. Well, I got it away anyhow.. I still suspect all my info went to totally the wrong places, but I hope its only formal stuff I can correct later if so.. Puuh, the customers thought I was more sour than usual. I couldn't like, shake their hand and paste the essay into the same time.. Anyway.. Its been one of those days.. And I hope it was worth :)

Congrats to the whole AM team to make it really happen!!

/Regards Peter K

RayenD
02-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Test.. hmmm... I went to jam session last night, came back at 3 am, then AM site launched, got 3 hours of sleep, now test ;).

Tormentors... :D

Magenta_
02-17-2005, 05:16 PM
i havent got the test yet, im freakin´ out!! i usually receive the newsletters the same time the first guy says "i have the newsletter at "whatever" o´clock"

bentllama
02-17-2005, 05:17 PM
no test yet over here either.

mattmos
02-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Panic over (for me anyway) test submitted, now what? We just have to wait until hearing whether we have been sucessful or not... argh....

Off-topic, guys, the SUV commercial is sitll plugged as front page news on cgtalk, check it out - framestore cfc...

swadepgh
02-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Ahhh farkwad! I took the test because I was getting all nervous about waiting to take it. It wasn't as quiet here as I would have liked it to be, but I just couldn't wait!

Now I guess all there is to do is wait to see if I got in. I really really hope so!

Oh please please please accept me for AnimationMentor....I have kit kats....:curious:

daraand
02-17-2005, 05:20 PM
I have a horrible feelign I might have entered my email wrong - is there anyway of checking and replacing? Eep s many wierd things can happen on sleep deprevation..

mayakindaguy
02-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Just for reference I left the GED (General Education Develepmont) because GED tests you out of highschool, and I went the traditional route of going through 4 years for a degree. So I think that's how it should work.

Hmmm...now that I think of it, I hope I didn't make any mistakes. *starts running aorund the room doing cartwheels*<-well not really.

Well, I'm sure it will all be ok.

maelstrom
02-17-2005, 05:22 PM
no test here... and i still don't know what a GED is supposed to be :eek:

stupid differences in eduction system... why can't they name things in a unified way all over the world?

edit: according to google GED = General Equivalency Diplom.
i don't know if you're supposed to have a seperate test on this, but i surely meet AM Requirements

mgarward
02-17-2005, 05:22 PM
Ah, this brings back such fond memories of 10 hours ago... Refresh email, refresh other email address in case I accidentally put that one in the form, refresh CGTalk, rinse, repeat...

My poor F5 key is about to run away screaming.

peanuckle
02-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Just got done with the test. I almost got in done in the given time. A math question slowed me down...darn math.

Will we be told how we did on them? I am curious.

Tanner

maelstrom
02-17-2005, 05:27 PM
looks like the US guys get their hads at the test first :)

super_mouse
02-17-2005, 05:31 PM
I got my test (im in the uk), but it froze just before the proper questions started ahhhhhhh!! I can't just click again to start so i have sent them an email explaining what has happened, just got to wait i guess!!

havoc21
02-17-2005, 05:38 PM
A G.E.D. is a graduation equivalency diploma. Basically if you dropped out or were unable to finish high school here in the states you can go back (sometimes a night school thing) and get this equivalent after completing required classes.

SheepFactory
do you get to know whether you passed or flunked the test instantly?

also what happens if you fail , can you take it again?

I am just wary taking it with 20 minutes of sleep in 2 days.

Bentagon
GED TEST MEASURES BASIC HIGH SCHOOL SKILLS
The GED test (http://www.passged.com/online_courses.php) is a standardized test to measure the skills required of high school graduates in the United States and Canada. The American Council of Education administers the GED tests several times during the year. The same GED test is given in all states and is considered an equivalent to a high school diploma.

GED TESTING INCLUDES FIVE AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE
The GED (http://www.passged.com/index.php) exam is a comprehensive seven-hour test in Social Studies, Mathematics, Science and Language Arts in both writing and reading. You are expected to be able to read, compute, interpret information, and express yourself in writing on a level comparable to that of 60 percent of graduating high school seniors in the United States.

GED TEST IS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU KNOW
The GED test (http://www.passged.com/practice_tests.php) expects you to apply basic skills to real-life situations. The GED test writers have gleaned the basic skills that were most important in high school and created problems for you to demonstrate your thinking and analytical skills. There is actually very little memorization knowledge required to pass the GED Test. Rather, the GED test expects you to apply your thinking skills to real-life situations. The GED Test is normed so passing exceeds 40% of graduating seniors with a high school diploma. .source: http://www.passged.com/ged_info.php

Assuming all of this info is 100% correct, if you graduated outside of Canada/US, select "not applicable". But, again presuming this info is correct, could that mean that people who selected "Yes" will not receive/have to do the test?

- Benjamin

DonHuan
02-17-2005, 05:40 PM
No newsletter with test for my either, i usually get newsletters on time.....

agreenster
02-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Holy Crap--this thread is like a million pages long! Good luck to everyone who applied. I didnt realize there was a 2-minute window to get everything submitted! If it's first-come first serve, I think I'm in a bit of trouble.... ;) Pretty naive of me to think there would be a couple week window before they filled up.

Poop. :D

swadepgh
02-17-2005, 05:41 PM
THe GED is not something you have to take for AM.com. I think that you have to either submit to them a high school diploma or equivalent. A passed GED would be one of the equivalents. So if you dropped out of highschool in the US you have to have taken the GED before you apply to AM. That's how I interpreted it anyway. As for outside the US/Canada, I don't think it applies.

So what I meant to say is...I think you have to have taken it already. I don't think that the AM crew will send you a GED mandate or anything.

kirko
02-17-2005, 05:45 PM
Well, I got the email at 9:38 PST, took the test. Now I'll just go to that little room in my mind and wait...

The test isn't hard, but it's a little nerve-wracking doing it against the clock. I must be slow--I only got to 24.

SheepFactory
02-17-2005, 05:46 PM
I am already enrolled in a college in US , i took this GED thing when i first came here , i wonder if i have to take it again. Time to give a call to AM

mayakindaguy
To Sheepfactory:

Well at least for me, the test just let's you know that you're done at the end. It doesn't tell you if you passed or failed, but I hear you man. I had to click back on some of the questions cause I was like wait...does that mean what I think it means? or 10 divided by 2 is 3?<-jk.

I'm exactly sure, but I think the GED is only for those that took the exam to get the equivalent of a high school degree in the U.S.

I'm not sure what the option was for those who lived outside of the U.S.

AjaBogdanoff
Adam, dude, apply now!! You never know!!

textureyes
02-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Holy Crap--this thread is like a million pages long! Good luck to everyone who applied. I didnt realize there was a 2-minute window to get everything submitted! If it's first-come first serve, I think I'm in a bit of trouble.... ;) Pretty naive of me to think there would be a couple week window before they filled up.

Poop. :D

yeah seems to of gone crazy at opening time.
no copy and paste available on the mac i am using i think done me over...
i dont plan to use it for AM but its the only machine i can use in HK right now.
works on everything except the AM site. So i had to retype the whole essey in the window.
Gonna keep waiting for the essey.. but does anyone know if the first come first served applies to filling out the essey as well?
its 3am fri here now and getting later by the min...
and after a frantic day of AM f-5ing im not sure that rushing a test is gonna increase my chances.
I really really really want in.....

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Oh, and btw, I got my test email at 1:11pm EST, and did it half an hour later. The first guy to say he'd gotten it is in Italy, so I don't think it's a conspiracy against them foreigners.... :)

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 05:52 PM
textureeyes, the copy and paste will work in IE 5 for the Mac. I accidentally started the application in Safari, though, and I didn't want to change horses midstream, so I retyped the essay, too. I woke up my husband in the next room with my frantic typing.... thank you, Mario Teaches Typing (http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=1333)! :D

telliott
02-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Just so that I know and can relax a little...

How long should we wait after submitting our application to contact AM if we haven't recieved a test email?

Thanks,
Todd

Sniffet
02-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Got the test finally.. Why is it that everytime you do some practice questions its laughable easy. And then when you the real questions your head suddenly works in slowmotion, and those words comes up you never even knewed existed.. -whats the opposite of ulackha? Like how should I know hehe.. Well I hope I didn't performed to bad. Math is no problem but the rest.. brrrr

Ok.. Now what?

/Regards Peter K

textureyes
02-17-2005, 05:58 PM
textureeyes, the copy and paste will work in IE 5 for the Mac. I accidentally started the application in Safari, though, and I didn't want to change horses midstream, so I retyped the essay, too. I woke up my husband in the next room with my frantic typing.... thank you, Mario Teaches Typing! :D

oh ok thanks
yeah i am using opera... i have never even used a mac so i didnt even know there was an IE for it.
I supose as you retyped the essey you would of completed it about the same time as me..
so i dont supose i am top of any list...
looks like i might have to stand in line and wait for the next term.
(still gonna chack my email for the next hour though)
its gonna be great to hear what everyone has to say about AM when it all kicks off.
good luck everyone.

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Hmm... I dunno.... does anyone have reason to believe that a 20 minute difference would have made or... uh... not made... acceptance? I mean, there were max 104 people on this thread during the wait, and as far as I know, this is the internet HQ for am.com discussion. Plus, a lot of the people hammering the site last night aren't even interested in the Spring term, a lot of people are shooting for Summer or Fall. So.... maybe I'm being naive, but do you think our chances are really that bad?

clockwerkz
02-17-2005, 06:02 PM
I am already enrolled in a college in US , i took this GED thing when i first came here , i wonder if i have to take it again. Time to give a call to AM

Sheep, if you're enrolled in college, you have nothing to worry about. You need a GED or high school diploma in order to be in any type of post secondary education (i.e. college, university, etc). And, you only need to take it once, so you're good.

cW

textureyes
02-17-2005, 06:03 PM
ill let you know in a couple of hours...
:banghead:

DonHuan
02-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Are there any of you that made an early registration immediately after AM launching and not received the test link yet???????????????

clockwerkz
02-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Hmm... I dunno.... does anyone have reason to believe that a 20 minute difference would have made or... uh... not made... acceptance? I mean, there were max 104 people on this thread during the wait, and as far as I know, this is the internet HQ for am.com discussion. Plus, a lot of the people hammering the site last night aren't even interested in the Spring term, a lot of people are shooting for Summer or Fall. So.... maybe I'm being naive, but do you think our chances are really that bad?

Yeah, I'm figuring the same with you. I think pretty much the only people that applied last night were the ones from cgtalk. As far as I know, this thread was the only active one listing the updates to when they would go live. Assuming someone waited to go on at 12:01 and discovered that it wasn't up yet, I would assume that they would have visited some forum for an update. At any given point, there were approx 100 or so people watching the thread. That was for last night.. now it's 2:05 PM in the east coast.. I'm sure there are a lot more people who figured on applying in the morning.

cW

textureyes
02-17-2005, 06:09 PM
so what do you guys think then..
its 3:15am
ive got no email about the test..
and its been a hectic day getting everything done for AM.
Should I go to bed and sort it out tomorow?
or should I stay up f-5ing my email and CGTalk all night?

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Hard to say... you'll want a clear head to take the test well, since it's timed, but none of us know how much of a crunch there is on the whole first-come-first-served thing.

stewartjones
02-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Hard to say... you'll want a clear head to take the test well, since it's timed, but none of us know how much of a crunch there is on the whole first-come-first-served thing.

was the first come first served thing not just for the application?

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure, but I thought that since they aren't supposedly reviewing the applications until the test is complete, that a delay in the test would delay everything else.

Since they're staggering the test emails, though, that doesn't seem to make sense.

stewartjones
02-17-2005, 06:17 PM
yea, that sucks for the people who don't have the test as of yet... I'm sure they are sorting it correctly though.

Wish I knew if I was accepted already, I've been waiting for what seems like forever. :)

bentllama
02-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Are there any of you that made an early registration immediately after AM launching and not received the test link yet???????????????

yep. me.

whoah.

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 06:21 PM
I bet it's going to take at least a week, probably more like 2 or 3, for them to send out acceptance/rejection emails. Which is nothing compared to applying to a four-year university... whoo man, that's brutal. :)

Plus, at the college I went to, anyhow, you STILL had to do the whole online-at-3am course registration every semester! It just never ended! At least here we only have to do it once. :)

Bentagon
02-17-2005, 06:22 PM
was the first come first served thing not just for the application?Don't shoot me if I'm wrong - not that you'd cross the sea just to shoot me, but maybe in a future AM Online getogether you'd come and shoot me because you didn't get in and I'm just blabling and should really shut up now - but I believe it's actually subscribing that's first come first serve. With this test you get a student ID and then you register for classes.

- Benjamin

Kimotion
02-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Hey you stole my mask!

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Ha, Bentagon, you are wrong, wrong, wrong! Triple-wrong!

Rather than crossing an entire ocean to shoot you, though, I instead demand the following:

• four bottles Rodenbach Grand Cru
• four bottles Judas
• four bottles Echt Kriekenbier

Deliverable immediately! Chop chop!

j/k! :D

(unless you happen to have them laying around, in which case I wouldn't mind taking them off your hands perhaps.....)

Makomako
02-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I've just finished the test.. It's pretty much more difficult when it's in english.
Well, we'll see.

Will they consider the country of provenance?

stewartjones
02-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Don't shoot me if I'm wrong - not that you'd cross the sea just to shoot me, but maybe in a future AM Online getogether you'd come and shoot me because you didn't get in and I'm just blabling and should really shut up now - but I believe it's actually subscribing that's first come first serve. With this test you get a student ID and then you register for classes.

- Benjamin

*Loads shells into shotgun*

Ok, dude, what was the address again?!?! :D

mmkelly011881
02-17-2005, 06:33 PM
*pictures vyntax's avatar with a shotgun instead of a pencil*

*breaks out laughin*

Bentagon
02-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey you stole my mask!Nah, man! I got mine at an avant-premeire of the incredibles! It's on a waaay higher ninja level than your pathetic plastic... uh... thingy.

- Benjamin

maelstrom
02-17-2005, 06:39 PM
I've just finished the test.. It's pretty much more difficult when it's in english.
Well, we'll see.

Will they consider the country of provenance?

indeed... :(

the questions are actually very easy, but when you have to translate everything to your mother language first, you gonna run out of time. what happened to me...
:banghead:

textureyes
02-17-2005, 06:40 PM
ok i got the mail.
and have done the test.
although i am not sure either it being 3:45 am or my stupidity made that quite hard for my old brain.
good luck to all.
im not going to sleep now..
im gonna colapse.

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I can imagine it would be really tricky if English isn't your native language. They did say somewhere that English fluency was important to them, though, since the course is going to be taught in English... but I thought plenty of the word comparisons in the test left a lot of room for interpretation, even though I'm a native English speaker. :shrug:

Guiliguili
02-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Just finish the text. Even I can write and speak in english the test was not easy because there was a lot of vocabulary. Hope they don't forget that I kive in Tahiti.
Another thing also : I notice that the stopwatch don't stop whan I was waiting the next question. My ADSL connection is slow : Here in Tahiti we have 258mbs. Don't laugh

I cross my fingers

Guiliguili

mgarward
02-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Took the test. My English stuff was fine, it was the math questions that threw me off... 3 hours sleep didn't help. I need more coffee.:)

So... now I can just sit back, put my feet up, and stress out like crazy for a couple of weeks.

Kimotion
02-17-2005, 06:46 PM
It's on a waaay higher ninja level than your pathetic plastic... uh... thingy.

- Benjamin

AAaaaaargh....you insulted my honor! I must go Crazy 88 on your arse!

DonHuan
02-17-2005, 06:48 PM
I got the assesment invitation but the link gets me to a blank white page with no questions to answer.
I am really dissapointed.
What shall i do?

mmkelly011881
02-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Don were you using Internet Explorer?

Bentagon
02-17-2005, 06:51 PM
AAaaaaargh....you insulted my honor! I must go Crazy 88 on your arse!You do know they were killed like almost two years ago, right? And even if somehow you'd trained yourself to be crazy 89, I'd still beat you with my incredible superpowers. Not to mention, I've got Jack-Jack on my side...

- Benjamin

Oh yeah, did anyone realize we've posted almost a thousand posts in about a day?

DonHuan
02-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Yes i use a new version, but i don't know maybe i have a block for pop ups enabled somewhere, maybe thats causes the problem.I wait for some technical support but i feel i am losing this game.:sad:

bobbyc
02-17-2005, 06:54 PM
I got the assesment invitation but the link gets me to a blank white page with no questions to answer.
I am really dissapointed.
What shall i do?

yeah don.. i had the same problem... i jumped on a different computer (my mac laptop, running IE), and it worked ok. It's most likely the settings on your pc.

anyway... i emailed them.... and here's the reply I got... hope this helps:

Please disable all of the pop-up blocking software you have running. *You
need to allow pop-ups in order to take the test. You can try holding down
the [Ctrl] key or the [Shift] key while clicking on the link. Many
commercial pop-up blockers use these commands to open a blocked window.

Also, both Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator have pop-up blocking
features built in.

If you are using Internet Explorer, go to "Tools" > "Pop-Up Blocker" > "Turn
Off Pop-Up Blocker".

If you are using Netscape Navigator, go to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Privacy
& Security" > "Pop-Up Windows" and make sure that the "Block unrequested
popup windows" check box is unchecked.

Let us know if you continue to have problems.

Thank you,

Wonderlic Scoring Service

Kimotion
02-17-2005, 07:02 PM
If you do not get a link for the test, would it mean that you were too late applying?

Kimotion
02-17-2005, 07:06 PM
You do know they were killed like almost two years ago, right? And even if somehow you'd trained yourself to be crazy 89, I'd still beat you with my incredible superpowers. Not to mention, I've got Jack-Jack on my side...

- Benjamin

Oh yeah, did anyone realize we've posted almost a thousand posts in about a day?

Not all were killed...I was one who was spared when the Bride told all survivors to leave the tea house. I spent my time training and training to avenge my lover Oren-Ishii!

The difference between me and you is that I am real and you are just a cartoon character.

Woops..did I just say that in the last forum I should be saying those kind of things in?

unseenthings
02-17-2005, 07:16 PM
If you do not get a link for the test, would it mean that you were too late applying?

That's probably way too big of a conclusion to jump to at this point. I imagine they got quite a few essays, so not getting a link probably just means they haven't gotten to yours yet. It may not even have anything to do with if you sent yours in ahead of so and so.... they may have split them up and stuff by who knows what method :)

Don: I had the same problem initially... I think their site is just getting slammed. Eventually, mine came up. What *really* worried me is that after I clicked "begin the test", I had a blank screen for about 5 minutes. AAACK! But, as someone mentioned, the time doesn't count down between page loadings -- WHEW! Thanks the heavens above! I was pretty worried about that.

Now comes the wait......

Bentagon
02-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Woops..did I just say that in the last forum I should be saying those kind of things in?
Yes. You. Did. **enormous rage**Jack-Jack bursts into flames**slaps Kimotion on the face** "Get over her, you sissy!"

About the tests... even with a team, I believe it's fairly difficult to process a couple of hundred essays in one day. So I'd say no worries just yet.

- Benjamin

oshiroii
02-17-2005, 07:23 PM
I hate this thread, seriously, it's to hard to follow, 1000 posts in a day, even I can't follow that :D. First I experience ultimate hapiness with this launch thing and a couple of e-mails from Bobby + I also have to follow this + I need to animate the 10 sec club + computer crashed, I can't stand it any more :cry:

Anyhew, I had like the ultimate bad sign. I was up early for a change today, being super exited with all the things happening now and when I started up my computer it crashed and I had to format it, not really a positive sign, e? :sad:

I've just checked out the site and man it looks awsome. too bad I can't join, it's just too expensive at the moment. Of course I could take a loan and stuff, but I hate loans, screws with my mind or something. I'll do it when I have a nice animation job, or I could start a help-shiroii-get-2000-bucks-every-6-months-or-so-fond, that would be pretty cool ^___^

DonHuan
02-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Ok i solved the problem for not getting the test link, i had pop up blocking enabled, hitting ctrl while pressing the link solves the problem.Many thanks to Luis and Bobby Beck which helped me to figure this out, via phone.My first contact with AM people was so cheerfull:thumbsup: even moments before taking my test.I hope i have done well, you also guys!! we are all in great anticipation!

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Shi, I'll be taking out at least one loan for this program. My bank has a one-year all-purpose loan that they pre-approved me for... If I take the whole year to pay back the $2000, I'll end up spending an extra $150 or so. Of course, I'll try to pay it off in 3 months so I'll be ready for the next semester, in which case I'll pay way less interest on it. We'll see. It's possible that we'll be able to just flat-out pay for the semesters after this first one is done, because our main problem right now is recovering from buying a house...

But yeah, if you find the right loan, it doesn't have to be a scary thing... and man, when the program is done, you won't even REMEMBER how much you spent on it, it'll be such a distant thought....

Or so I'm hoping. :)

havoc21
02-17-2005, 07:31 PM
still no test link here. hopefully i am not the only one left. i put application in at 6:30am EST.

JoKr
02-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Hi all,

I've been reading the board for a while, but this is my first post. I wanted to get in on the action last night, but knew my first post would need to be approved before I could join the fun...

It was fun watching everyone running up and down the virtual street and banging on the virtual doors of the school. Go virtual mob!!!

One thing I was wondering... Why isn't SIGGRAPH a national holiday for us? :D Carlos, Shawn, Bobby, any plans for SIGGRAPH? It seems like a great chance to meet mentors and other students in person. Maybe its a little early, but I haven't seen this discussed yet and was wondering.

Filled in my application, took the test, now I'm just holding my breath...(oops, getting dizzy :) ). Hope to see you all in a few short weeks sitting at our virtual desks.

-Johann

oshiroii
02-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Shi, I'll be taking out at least one loan for this program. My bank has a one-year all-purpose loan that they pre-approved me for... If I take the whole year to pay back the $2000, I'll end up spending an extra $150 or so. Of course, I'll try to pay it off in 3 months so I'll be ready for the next semester, in which case I'll pay way less interest on it. We'll see. It's possible that we'll be able to just flat-out pay for the semesters after this first one is done, because our main problem right now is recovering from buying a house...

But yeah, if you find the right loan, it doesn't have to be a scary thing... and man, when the program is done, you won't even REMEMBER how much you spent on it, it'll be such a distant thought....

Or so I'm hoping. :)

I'll think about it, I dunno. I've haerd that I can take a study loan, which is for school purpose only and I have to pay it back as soon as I start working, in the mean time I'm at school it's "free" but it still is scarry imo. It'll be great, but scary..... tough choices :D Anyhow, you're seriously getting in? Intresting, lemme know what I'm missing hahah :D

DonHuan, I'm so jealous, you've talked with cool people over the phone! Better put on my pop-up blocking preference too ^.^

bentllama
02-17-2005, 07:45 PM
still no test link here. hopefully i am not the only one left. i put application in at 6:30am EST.

i got mine in at 2:30 last night...and I still have not recieved a test link.

should I be concerned Bobby?

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 07:52 PM
No, no, I don't know that I'm getting in... I'm just making sure the financial stuff is in order in case I do. *fingers crossed*

Do you have any other debt? Like, I'm already paying off my school loans from undergraduate, and that's $200/month. For the rest of my life! :D I bet there's a big cultural difference between our countries.... In a sea of college graduates with $10,000 or more on their really high-interest credit cards, I'm considered a very reliable borrower, even though the amount of money that I currently owe to banks is staggering. :p It's just the way you're expected to go through life in the US, I think, unless you're lucky enough to come from a family that doesn't need to worry about money. :)

It is important, too, that I have a steady and decent paying job, and that I'm in the ideal dual-income no-kids situation. If you don't have a good source of income, then yeah, taking out a lot in loans would be really scary.

But... you have to take risks at some point, right? :D

oshiroii
02-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Hmmyeah, quite some cultural difference. Here in the Netherlands the goverments provides a lot of help to students. There's a system wich helps you to finnance you eductions, which is quite cool. From what I hear in America you'll have to take lots of loans for educations, at least I hear almost everyone talking about incredible amounts of loans. Guess I'm lucky, education wise, becuase the goverment covers quite a bit for me... maybe I should do it,work the whole summer vacation to get some back up etc. Of course I should always keep in mind that I might be quite busy next school year, going to make a short-movie as a school assignment and I'll have to do a student intern, trainee, at a company I believe it's called like that in englisch, so will have to watch out for time management too, I want to get everything out of AM there's in it :)

AjaBogdanoff
02-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah... when I started college, it cost about $120,000 for four years of undergraduate, and it's gone up since then. Even students who are lucky enough to get a lot of scholarships still end up having to take out a big chunk of that in loans... but it's not really considered a bad thing by most people, because it's considered "good debt". :shrug:

Who knows, maybe I'll just pay for the first semester outright.... it would just be a little more comfortable to stagger the payments, and since the interest is pretty low, I figure it's worth a shot. :D

Okay, okay, I've derailed this thread enough... back to fun topics! :D

swadepgh
02-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Maybe the person with the largest student loan debt should get a prize...like free AnimationMentor!

I have a feeling that I would win that contest. Heh.

Kenny_Rocks
02-17-2005, 08:56 PM
What was the test like ?
easy or difficult ?

There was a problem with my application !
Aaaiiii !!

But the time of my application was noted down so hopefully
I'm in the 1st 300..

hopefully,.

havoc21
02-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Kenny,

How did you find out there was a problem with your app? Did they contact you?

Kimotion
02-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Oh no I just got the link for the test...what do I do...WHAT DO I DOOOOO!!!??

hideandfreak
02-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Man, this waiting is killing me. I finished the test a few hours ago (pretty sure I did not miss any, but I didn't complete that many either). I know they are considering a whole bunch of factors with regards to acceptance not just this test. I wonder if they will get their 300 first and then start letting people know or if they are going to let people know as they decide to accpet them . . . anyone have any ideas?

sallymander
02-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah... when I started college, it cost about $120,000 for four years of undergraduate, and it's gone up since then.

Haha, yup, Aja, it's gone up. It's closer to $160 000 now

oshiroii
02-17-2005, 09:16 PM
There's a time limit to this test? If so it might be quite tricky, since the time will only increase the pressure that's already there :hmm:

Bentagon
02-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Just relax while doing it. There's no need for stress. Since I've heard it's a pretty standard test, it'll be not too hard to have 60% of the questions correct, if that many is even neccessary. I'm sure the essay, etc. is much more important then this test, which was layed upon them by the bureau.

- Benjamin

bentllama
02-17-2005, 09:23 PM
there was a problem with my application, where some of the copied text actually left the fields blank when sent, but support was great and I did not lose my place in the queue...

kudos on great support.

Kimotion
02-17-2005, 09:26 PM
I just finished the test...PHEW! The questions themselves were pretty basic...it's the time pressure that was getting at me! I haven't taken those kind of tests in ... hmm ... 11 years!

hideandfreak
02-17-2005, 09:26 PM
thats good to hear bent, I have called AM a few times over the past week as well and they have always been really really nice and very helpful.

Kenny_Rocks
02-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Havoc-

yeah i got an email from someone who works there..
there was a problem with some of my application..
the essay never got sent and some other bits and pieces..

very weird..

I've emailed the missing parts now so hopefully
it's all good..

fingers crossed anyway..

p.s For the Love of God !
someone tell me how do i get an avatar to work..!!
:sad:

SheepFactory
02-17-2005, 09:31 PM
a feet of wire costs 0.25 cents

how much does 2 feet cost....

I swear to god we saw higher math in kindergarden :)

Kenny_Rocks
02-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Kimotion-

has Uncle Mastercard paid you a visit then ?

Kenny_Rocks
02-17-2005, 09:34 PM
I am worried abou tteh test but if thats what it's like then I can relax..

what other stuff do they ask you?
is it like an IQ test ?

Kenny_Rocks
02-17-2005, 09:35 PM
hello mr schleifer !

mayakindaguy
02-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Boy was your question easy Sheep. I got "how many monkey's does it take to change a light bulb?" That one sure threw me off. heh.

jschleifer
02-17-2005, 09:37 PM
hello mr schleifer !

Hello Mr. Rocks! :)

Kenny_Rocks
02-17-2005, 09:38 PM
well i do try to Rock every day !

yesterday it was AC/DC

today will be KISS !!

:buttrock:

SheepFactory
02-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Boy was your question easy Sheep. I got "how many monkey's does it take to change a light bulb?" That one sure threw me off. heh.

I kinda spent more time than i should on "how many midgets can you fit in a anaconda?" question

swadepgh
02-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Kenny you should be able to upload an avatar in your User CP once you have 20 posts. If it doesn't work for you then they may have increased the number of posts you need to have made in order to have an avatar.

philippeduvin
02-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Hey jason, how 's thing going with your short film ? no time to do it ? working hard on madagascar ? are you animator on M. or rigger/pipeline maker :) ?

Bentagon
02-17-2005, 09:41 PM
I kinda spent more time than i should on "how many midgets can you fit in a anaconda?" questionI'd say 7, but I didn't really see a snake in Snowwhite...

@Modus: he's an animator, methinks... He animated that great "lady what's your problem!" scene.

- Benjamin

PS: Is it me, or has this thread changed into a chatbox somehow? :p

jschleifer
02-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Hey jason, how 's thing going with your short film ? no time to do it ? working hard on madagascar ? are you animator on M. or rigger/pipeline maker :) ?

Heya Modus! nothing done on the short film in a while.. I've been too busy at work & at home to get going on it, so it's sitting in wait right now. :)

Currently on Madagascar, having a grand ol' time, animating away (no more Mr. Rigger for me!). And really looking forward to AM starting up.. it's going to be a blast!!

-jas

swadepgh
02-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Hmmm...animating on Madagascar. THat sucks. Heh. JK. I am so so jealous.

SheepFactory
02-17-2005, 09:53 PM
@Modus: he's an animator, methinks... He animated that great "lady what's your problem!" scene.

Jason correct me if I am wrong but I think that scene is animated by Dave Burgess.

Bentagon
02-17-2005, 09:55 PM
What? Is it?? I seriously thought I read somewhere it was Jason's...

If so, my apologies, but the other part of the answer was still correct, I guess ;)

- Benjamin

Kimotion
02-17-2005, 09:55 PM

I didn't even get up to that question! Was it one of the questions after 22? Or maybe all tests are different!?

monstersauce
02-17-2005, 10:00 PM
I only finished 25 of my questions in my test :surprised

and I got a phone call from animationmentor because a bunch of my pasted text got lost somewhere, too.
The woman was super helpful and I emailed her the missing bits and now all is right with the world :p

jschleifer
02-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Jason correct me if I am wrong but I think that scene is animated by Dave Burgess.

yep, it is indeed! awesomely animated, if I might add! aaaand dave's one of the mentors for AM! those who get him for a mentor are in for some serious good learnin! :)

Kimotion
02-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Can we choose Mentors? Or give a preference? I don't know if it was brought up somewhere.

SheepFactory
02-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Can we choose Mentors? Or give a preference? I don't know if it was brought up somewhere.

No you cant , AM assigns the mentors to you , its in the faq i think.

liquidik
02-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Going to sleep guys, I has been a prettu looong day.

CU

Gianmichele

animboom
02-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Jason's Back! What's up Jason?! I hope everyone saw Jason on the AnimationMentor Trailer (click to play). We added some new stuff and Jason's the SUPER excited guy! Well, I think everyone's the excited guy but Jason is the Really Really excited guy! ;)

-BOOM

jschleifer
02-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I'm the one in the video with the huge bags under the eyes. :)

how ya doin bobby! big ups to you, shawn, & carlos for getting everything going last night! can't wait to see the stats on how many people signed up! :)

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet-baby!
woooot!

Martin_G_3D
02-17-2005, 10:36 PM

probably 45 cent cause the base cost of any length of wire counts, so the longer it gets the cheaper it gets per feet ;)

bentllama
02-17-2005, 10:37 PM
if only they had footage per second questions...

or, if your game engine runs at 45fps and you are targeting 60fps, and the cause of your slowdown is 30% of the animations being under-compressed, and you have 1235 animations being actively called during the slowdown, how many animations do you have to re-compress if 45% of the animations are larger in data size than the others?

wow. I just confused myself. ;)

Jozvex
02-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Yeah stats would be cool!

I think I'm gonna rename and change my Internet Explorer icon to Animation Mentor because it's the only thing I'll be using IE for hehe.

I also suddenly thought last night, are you guys at AM gonna get Maya 6.5? Because some of us potential students already have it through platinum membership.

Kenny_Rocks
02-17-2005, 10:47 PM
i think i C*^%$^ up the test Bigtime..!!

I took my time..think i answered all questions correctly..but didnt manage to do that many.

Doh !
Arse Biscuits !

Jozvex
02-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Hehe don't worry about it. I expected I would have done more of them too.

Having a clock there ticking down is a bit harsh! I'm surprised there weren't heart-beat sounds playing in the background, speeding up as the time decreased.

stewartjones
02-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Hehe don't worry about it. I expected I would have done more of them too.

Having a clock there ticking down is a bit harsh! I'm surprised there weren't heart-beat sounds playing in the background, speeding up as the time decreased.

I thought the timer was somewhat harsh too. Especially when it changed to under a minuite! :eek:

Bentagon
02-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Hey, I just thought of a last question before I jump into bed (must have been checking this thread for like half the day :D)... where's the store with the t-shirts?;)

- Benjamin

stewartjones
02-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey, I just thought of a last question before I jump into bed (must have been checking this thread for like half the day :D)... where's the store with the t-shirts?;)

- Benjamin

Good question! I had totally forgot about them, and I want one! Need to advertise AMO in the UK! :D

Kenny_Rocks
02-17-2005, 10:58 PM
i was busy working out how many apples someone had bought..

scribbling on a piece of paper .. Worked out the answer
Only to look up and find a 'Congratulations the test is over' screen

i know how many apples !!! I KNOW HOW MANY APPLES !!

:shrug:

super_mouse
02-17-2005, 10:59 PM
wahey, i just got resent my test and completed it :) my test was like 6 mins though, maybe it was counting down from last time it crashed, weird!!

stewartjones
02-17-2005, 11:04 PM
wahey, i just got resent my test and completed it :) my test was like 6 mins though, maybe it was counting down from last time it crashed, weird!!

You completed every question, or you just finished the test?! :shrug:

telliott
02-17-2005, 11:11 PM
I just finished the test. Now it's time to kick back for an evening and relax. It's all out of our hands at this point.

Again, I'm amazed at how cool everyone here has been with this thing. I never thought I see people treating each other so respectfully on the internet (maybe 'cause I play too much UT2004?) Good luck everyone.

p.s. Also, I wanted my 30th post for my avatar. Whooo me!

Rabid pitbull
02-17-2005, 11:18 PM
I am feeling queezy right now. That testing did not go well for me. Not enough sleep I guess.... !@#$% should have just waited till tomorrow. I don't know when it ended, but I was feeling bloody stupid for not getting more answered faster. Seems like the test went downhill for me when the extremely basic math began.... wasted too much time rethinking the math. Feeling foolish for not taking test tomorrow after proper rest.

My Fault
02-17-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm sure you did better then you think Rabid. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to hear.

Ika
02-17-2005, 11:35 PM
I thought the timer was somewhat harsh too. Especially when it changed to under a minuite! :eek:

I don't think I heard any timer. was there really a timer? but I was nervous anyway. and of course both phone and intercom started ringing as soon as started the test. that's nice.
somehow I feel time goes always faster then it should. well, good luck everyone with tests and admission. AM you rock!

stewartjones
02-17-2005, 11:38 PM
There wasn't a timer 'sound', just the actual counter at the top right of the screen (if memory serves).

maelstrom
02-17-2005, 11:45 PM
I am feeling queezy right now. That testing did not go well for me. Not enough sleep I guess.... !@#$% should have just waited till tomorrow. I don't know when it ended, but I was feeling bloody stupid for not getting more answered faster. Seems like the test went downhill for me when the extremely basic math began.... wasted too much time rethinking the math. Feeling foolish for not taking test tomorrow after proper rest.

same here.. i was not rested enough, too nervous and the flu on top of that didn't help either. i feel like an idiot now.

stewartjones
02-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Well, its 12.45am, and I'm gonna go get some sleep.

Awesome time through opening this morning, and I'm sure I'll be on this thing as soon as I wake tomorrow!

Nice job AM guys. Oh, and it would be awesome for us wannabe-students to get some info on wether we're accepted, or rejected soon!... I know, you're busy, but we're all anxious! :thumbsup:

L8r! :)

SheepFactory
02-17-2005, 11:48 PM
I think this thread gave me the perfect idea for the next animation session. It should keep us busy until the AM launch :)

immerzeelpictures
02-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Well. It's off to bed here for me. I know what I will be dreaming about....

What a day! I hope those guys are as fast in reading and making decisions as they are good in animation. Fast and very goof!

Speed reading through all those essays and let us know

hideandfreak
02-18-2005, 01:07 AM
I think a lot of us are feeling like we could have done better on one part of the application process or another. But breathe easy, we were the first ones to go through it. Everyone here has shown a lot of heart and that has to count for something. I would be honored to work with anyone of you that was posting here while waiting for the site to go live. Hopefully I will get the opportunity to do so soon.

Magenta_
02-18-2005, 01:13 AM
i´m looking for that photo sheep posted at midnight, i guess it´s too many pages back

Magenta_
02-18-2005, 01:13 AM
i´m looking for that photo sheep posted at midnight, i guess it´s too many pages back

SheepFactory
02-18-2005, 01:18 AM
i think its page 130 something , just a 1 min sketch you are not missing much.

Magenta_
02-18-2005, 01:24 AM
Aja! i found it!! :applause: , i meant that one on page 161 hahhahhaa

daraand
02-18-2005, 02:01 AM
Im on default posting and I see it around 140.. You could always search for sheeps posts and find it that way lol, theres some real nice sketches back too, I think ill suggest it if it hasnt alraedy for a DSG :D

Jozvex
02-18-2005, 02:37 AM
Webcams webcams webcams, there's so many to choose from. AM recommends a Logitech QuickCam Messenger because it's good and affordable, but I'm thinking of going a step up to either the QuickCam Zoom or QuickCam Pro 4000 because they have built in microphones, which saves having yet another bunch of wires etc.

What do you guys think? And of course I realize that I may not even get into the course, but my sisters (all 3, eek) have wanted us to get one for ages now anyway.

EDIT: Hey! When did our occupation start appearing under our avatar??