PDA

View Full Version : Samurai game model

LeeSalo
06-04-2004, 07:21 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/alex420/akuma.jpg

This is an older model i made a few months ago. I'm just looking for other peoples opinons.

3 x 512 diffuse and oppacity maps
about a week of work.

Badname
06-04-2004, 08:22 PM
thats very nice i like his style and i like the texture style very much :)
GJ, dont have any crits :S

LordDubu
06-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Here here! Good job. I love game models, when they don't suck, as this one clearly does not suck.

ill_logic
06-04-2004, 09:45 PM
very nice! great work on the textures. the only thing that looks a little strange to me is his legs. they might be a little on the small side. in the wireframe views they kind of look just as long as his arms. the chest armor reminds me of bishamon from the darkstalkers games. though akuma is kind of already taken by capcom lol very nice though
-J

MonsterMan
06-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Looking good man, you got the juice. love the textures and also like how the character holds his weight natually which is evident in the 3 quarter views. he's a great character, but doesn't give the impression of a bad-ass....yet! i'd suggest either making his legs more pronounced, particularly in the shins, as i've noticed most samuari have elaborate shin guards, so making them a little bigger might show them off more. and also maybe exaggerating the shoulders just a smidge to make him appear more menacing. hope that helps. keep up the good work!

LeeSalo
06-05-2004, 08:58 PM
thanks the kind words guys. some of the suggestions are great. Though i was going for realism, i wanted it to look like a real dude in some real, cool armor.

LeeSalo
06-07-2004, 04:59 AM
I am a student based in Vancouver BC. Im headed for the video game industry. If any one out there is looking for some one and wants to see more of my work let me know.

leesalo@shaw.ca

Alpha_Hale
06-11-2004, 03:03 AM
I wont comment on your model or texture because they are both great. I will however make a few suggestions about your characters design. I would prefer to see the red armour continued for the shin plates... since white is a light color and the rest of him is relatively dark, it makes him look very top heavy, and seem very bare below the knees. it gives him an "unsecure" feeling. judging by the armor, it seems like this guy should be a big baddass. if thats so, then by making the head a little smaller, it would make him seem a little bigger and mor muscular. maybe even scale the chest and shoulders a bit bigger to emphasize the cool skull armor.

the_podman
06-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Hey, this is great! Makes me want to finish my Onimusha 3! Quality stuff. Wish I had a crit, but it looks tight!

the_podman
My Wacky Knight (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147967)

My animation (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141895)

Alex McGilvray
06-11-2004, 11:35 PM
nice man! great topology

mindrot
07-27-2004, 10:49 PM
This is a damn decent model. Some great detail you got going there. You should post a 360 rotation of him.

I also have to agree with the leg issue- they do seem a bit small, mainly the thighs.

Other than that wicked work.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.