PDA

View Full Version : women face textures

Oren Ben-Tov
07-20-2002, 10:24 AM
Hi all
My short is coming alone :)
I have less than a month to the deadline :wip:

Here is the women, what do u think of her textures?

she supposed to be a secratery from the 50's

Oren Ben-Tov
07-20-2002, 10:25 AM
I am using max 4.2

leigh
07-20-2002, 10:34 AM
Heheheh she looks like a real tart :p
Well, it looks pretty cool so far :thumbsup:
I think the one thing it needs most of all is a bump map - the lips and eye area in particular should have creases in them :)

It looks as though she is supposed to look cartoonish - so you don't need photorealism, right?

Oren Ben-Tov
07-20-2002, 10:50 AM
thanks for the quick replay even if you called my women a tart :)

she suppose to have kind of a cartonish feel to her, like the cleaner dude.

Ill work a little on those bump map, cant seem to make her lips gloss to good, any advice on that?
I tried to use reflection map on the specular map but it looked bad.

leigh
07-20-2002, 11:44 AM
Hehehe I meant "tart" as in I can really picture her sitting behind her secretary desk, finling her nails and chatting on the phone :)

Hmmm.... why not post your spec and bump maps, so I can see what's up with the lip gloss?

Oren Ben-Tov
07-20-2002, 12:07 PM
here are the bump and spec(I know the bump map is poor)

zeegate
07-20-2002, 10:19 PM
Hey there Oren

she looks really great :bounce: She kind of reminds me of Kylie Minogue. I really think that you should make the iris with polygons though . . if it doesn't spoil the toon look too much :shrug:

how did you do the hair ? with polygons ?

-Zee

Oren Ben-Tov
07-21-2002, 12:04 AM
now that i look at her she does kind of look like Kylie Minogue :)

The Hair was made with shag hair, I wish I would have done it with poly's, it would be much faster to render her.

The Eye Iris is made with polygons, so I didnt understand what you mean.

here is an update on her dress textures.

leigh
07-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Oren Ben-Tov, I'm looking at your spec and bump maps now, and
I think the problem is the lack of tonal variations in them :)

The bump map should work, if all you want to bump is the lips, so that should be fine :) I personally would have put a bit more detail into it, but this should be enough for bringing out the bump on the lips. Perhaps you just need to bring up the overall bump amount, to make the changes more visible.

The spec map, however, does not have enough detail to work properly - just making the lips solid white will not produce the correct effect. You need to add more variations within that area, so that you get a nice mottled, uneven specularity. I think the best thing to do would be to get a close-up photograph of a pair of lips and work from there ;)
The rest of the face could also do with a little more work in terms of varying the tones.

d3v1n
07-27-2002, 06:35 PM
can u put the picture of the texture here...:) i'm so curious

Oren Ben-Tov
07-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Here u go :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.