PDA

View Full Version : Blender only magazine !!!

Apollux
06-04-2004, 02:05 PM
I just learned that there is a on-line magazine dedicated only to Blender issues.. Wao!!

Blenderman Magazine :cool:
http://www.blenderman.org/magazine/

By the way, what happened with the official comunity journals? Are they still comming out?

The last CJ that I saw whas about one year ago :cry:

BgDM
06-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Yeah, this is a great effort by akator. I love this Blender online mag. Great stuff in it and a very good website for tutes and models and other stuff.

As for the CJ. Ask Goofster about that. I think he has panned it.

BTW, I uploaded my Sebulba model there with all the textures, if anyone is interested. :wavey:

BgDM

bbirras
06-13-2004, 06:30 PM
yeah , itīs amazing that there is a ever crowing comunity out there doing cool stuff
@apollux: in your tut-link-project there is stuff for a year

itīs really cool seeing a little tool getting so much attention!!
and itīs only a matter of time until it will be really BIG!!
:bowdown:

p.s.
I still think that "blenderman" is a name rip, as goran and green named their blender2renderman-exportscript just that:
blenderman!!!

Apollux
06-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Blenderman is in deep a name ripoff, but it is still to be seen wich one of the two (the magazine or the software) gets more atention.

Still, they could have choosen a more original name, BlenderMag?

About the tutorial project, it is a shame that we had to discontinue that. I could say that the coolest blender tutorials that I have seen came out AFTER we closed the project :cry: Maybe it has to do with the fact that is wasn't untill recently that Blender got really cool tools inside.

Like the Knife/Loop cut, or the UV Heal tool.

bbirras
06-14-2004, 12:23 AM
itīs also due to the fact that the noobs become better and better and they think itīs about time to give something back and start writing really good tuts..........there must be by now +1000 personal blender-sites all over the globe
take and give.so to say: I learned from tuts other blendheads wrote, so I might as well do the same! itīs really cool
as for the name...yeah...blenderman.org allready is well comented everywhere and itīs not the mag alone, theyīve got models, etc.
so itīs not a question...still itīs a stolen name no matter what
Iīd be really p...ed off!!

TraceR
06-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Yea that mag is sweet. I accually got some of my work in there. Lots of good stuff. :wip:

bassplayer
07-08-2004, 02:09 PM
FYI, You can download the last two magazines, however it's a bit tricky as some of the links point to the wrong server.

Also, this site has links to many tutorials, and it looks like they have some kind of modeling competitions as well.

Kha
07-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Well... just to let you know, there is also a Blender Brazilian Magazine (written in portuguese) in the site www.procedural.com.br, it is called "Revista Procedural" and the second issue has been released, if you want take a look you can download it here (5.4 Mb):
http://www.procedural.com.br/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=8

The first issue is still available (6.8Mb):
http://www.procedural.com.br/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3

Kha

bbirras
07-11-2004, 01:53 PM
wow :thumbsup:

really good...just read through it a bit (I speak spanish, so it was quite easy to understand what is going on), while waiting for that 150.000th testrender of the damn ship iīm workin on.

just one thing is quite curious: blender in potuguese is

-----" o blender "------

o blender
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cgtalk.com/images/smilies/notworthy.gif
.......o blender........o blender........o blender........o blender

Apollux
07-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Hasta donde yo se, "o" en portugues significa "el", así que "o blender" viene a ser "el blender" :thumbsup:.

bbirras
07-12-2004, 03:39 AM
yes but you donīt say it! (Ąŋa q no?!)
and it does not sound as mayestetic(is that right? majestic..)
anyway just listen to this:

der Blender(german), the blender(pff), el blender( bua...soso)

but listen to the brasilian music of the same

------------o blender ---------------

btw they use it all the time
-----------------------------------------

for the brasilian users this magazin is fantastic (and whoever understands the language) good job :thumbsup: bem

Breed47
07-13-2004, 06:37 AM
WHOOA!! That Cow rigging tut was awesome! Unfortunally (for me) the mag was in portuguese. Iīm swede talking english and know some spanish through my chilean wife, so I understood a little. But the magazine ROCKED!

Kha
07-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Unfortunally (for me) the mag was in portuguese. Thats why I said "Just to let you know..."

This magazine was developed to fill the lack of tutorials in portuguese, and for the english readers there is already Blenderman Magazine, which is a great magazine. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your comments.

Kha :)

P.S. I've never thought about the sound of "o" (defined masculine article) this way... but i liked....
:bowdown: .... o blender .... :bowdown:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.