PDA

View Full Version : character : Bug thing

toenailbanana
06-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Here's a character I have been working on, any comments would be appreciated. Any ideas on what I can do to improve the compositing would be greathttp://www.robj.net/posts/bugtank_img03.jpg

Sister Ky
06-04-2004, 03:47 PM
No picture...

Greetz, Ky.

imscifi
06-04-2004, 07:54 PM
cool looking thing...

lighting could be better... the left foot shadow doesn't look right.

As for the character... interesting... but he looks a little like a baby turtle with some kind of cool looking cannon coming out of it's head.. and funky bug eyes... on top of a daddy turtle... with cool legs and a cool funky looking head... :hmm:

would like to see more texturing as well.... but hey that's my 1 1/2 cents worth!

good job so far! keep it up!

:D

Sister Ky
06-05-2004, 06:49 AM
Now I can see the pic, too.
And I agree with imscifi.
It somewhat gives me the feeling it's a painted terracotta statue...

Greetz, Ky.

xcvbnm
06-05-2004, 08:55 AM
The char looks good to me.
But dont try to blend it in a photo, its too low poly and low res textures to blend in.
Plus its pose is a bit confusing....

Bentagon
06-05-2004, 10:23 AM
I think it fits great into the picture. It's like some little painted figure on your desk. Only real problem I can see is its shadow. It's way too sharp in comparison with the shadow the ducktape is casting. Change the hardness of that shadow edge and it'll be great!

- Bentagon

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.