PDA

View Full Version : Ltw to 3dsmax plugin?

studiomiguel
01-31-2002, 03:24 AM
Can anyone tell me where to get the most current obj importer for max? I need to get my quad poly-non-sub-divided ltw model into studio max 4.
I've tried several obvious links that don't seem to be working.
Help?

studiomiguel
01-31-2002, 04:36 AM
Okay I found a working version of the plugin I needed. Now the problem is that when I import them into max, I get tri polys instead of the quads that I so laboriously maintained.
What gives????
How can I get my quads out of ltw and into max?

Chewey
01-31-2002, 04:56 AM
Go to www.maxplugins.de and get the lightwave to max importer. It brings the geometry in as quads.

The file name is LWOImpR4_042.zip

studiomiguel
01-31-2002, 01:56 PM
Maaaaahvelous!
Thanks thanks thanks!
Exactly what I needed.
Caio,
Miguel

Kaiser_Sose
10-04-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Chewey
Go to www.maxplugins.de and get the lightwave to max importer. It brings the geometry in as quads.

The file name is LWOImpR4_042.zip

Anyone teested this with version 5

visualboo
10-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Works beautifully :thumbsup:

except my file is called lwo2imp.dli

visualboo
10-04-2002, 03:35 PM
miguel446: I know this was posted about a decade ago but why didn't you post this in the Max forum? You would have recieved twice as many replies in 5 minutes. Mods probably should have MOVED it also :(

studiomiguel
10-05-2002, 04:41 AM
vis,

good point, the thought never crossed my mind. It's weird how some things occur to us and some things don't. I suppose that, at the time, my experience with Max (at school) and my peers was that Max user's were a one pony show.

Of course in the ensuing months I have learned that just because an individual uses one app, doesn't mean that they don't use another.

In my current state of enlightenment, I probably would venture into my brother's camp to ask.

Thanks for the reply. I had forgotten about this post!

Caio!

M

studiomiguel
10-05-2002, 04:43 AM
I wish that the Mac Ltw to Maya/Maya to Ltw solution was as easy and effective as the Max answer!

!

m

:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.