PDA

View Full Version : New character

jornkk
12-16-2001, 02:21 PM
http://home.no.net/joekrog/bilder/dudee.jpg

Hello, I'm pretty new to 3d, but I'm in the progress of making my first character animation. Do you have any ideas on how to improve my picture before I start animating?
Please excuse my bad english.

mikkot
12-16-2001, 02:31 PM
Hi

Actually, if you want to learn how to animate, and set up bones into the character, you really don't need to make anything more onto him. I would keep him as it is, and start to practice setting up the bones and constraints, and son on. Learn how the stuff works and play around with it.

For modelling I would do an other character. for example do a stusy how to do a head, arm. eye, nose, chest. and so on. That way you get a grip of anatomy, and get done pretty fast with certain parts of the body. And now sometimes try to model a whole character. Good reference material is for example for animation Eadweard Muybride, and for drawing and modelling reference Andrew Loomis
link to Loomis project:
http://www.yoyodyne.net/loomis/index.html

But this a way I do it and not to taken word for word. try and experiment. There are much better artists to give advice than me, like Pascal B. and a few more.

But the key word is experiment and don't be afraid to fail.

Keep up the work !

/Mikkot

floatingrunner
12-16-2001, 04:10 PM
pretty good :D

i can't even model humans yet ... DOH

good luck and hope to see it moving soon

Rabid pitbull
12-17-2001, 01:03 AM
that little guys has a very errie nature... cool. Lighting is good too.

wolf
12-17-2001, 09:03 AM
The point at the elbow looks strange, but I agree with mikkot, donīt make it harder for yourself.

hottemp
12-17-2001, 11:59 AM
hey he has a very intellectual view :) nothing bad on this one. exact that his footh is just one shape.

jornkk
12-17-2001, 12:47 PM
lol , I have to agree with you. He doesent exactly look like a rocket Scientist:) I't will get better when I create some morph targets and start to animate him.

thanks for all the reply's by the way !

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.