PDA

View Full Version : sibase.dll please!

Prodygy
06-04-2004, 12:50 AM
Hi all! i'm looking for sibase.dll file for xsi 3.5 shaders...
Ne1 can attach this file here? Very thx! :thumbsup:

tachy0n
06-04-2004, 05:37 AM
Are you trying to run XSI shaders under Maya ? I'm not sure anyone can send this file to you, because of copyright reasons. If you have XSI, it's already there in the bin folder

francescaluce
06-04-2004, 02:46 PM
LOL... two times.. :surprised

from highend3D...

::SoftimageXSI mentalray base library templates for Maya version 2.1::
--------------------
the sibase.dll is not protected.... but I cannot encourage at all to use that one
if you have not installed and licensed softimage|xsi on the machine or network.
sibase.dll is copyrighted Softimage, Avid Technology Inc.
I release these scripts package WITHOUT the dll, just to link to the one on xsi installation.
If you find the dll included in this package is not the originally one...
and I cannot be charged for this in any manner.

francescaluce
---------------------

I forgot to add... 'do not ask in public forums'..
:D

ciao
francesca

Prodygy
06-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Sorry for inconvenience...but how can i do? boohhh
This bad dll file... :wip: :cry:

leigh
06-05-2004, 01:35 AM
Errr I'm not sure that sharing a DLL file over the web is entirely ethical... or legal. Why not try a reinstallation? Perhaps your installation has become corrupted for some reason?

francescaluce
06-05-2004, 02:25 PM
well... it's absolutely entirely ethical !! not to ask.. but to use it !!

the only principle under every ethic.. and so really the only thing that the human being can understand in every time.. is the freedom (:cool: ) .. so is it ethic to restrics the mr users to their own specific libraries ?! noooo... we all say (:scream: ) ... our actions become ethic just when we apply our freedom... I'm more ethic when I use xsi libraries under maya than when Bush comes to Italy to visit the Pope... :p
(consider also that the technology becomes a matter for the ethic.. just when it's power unleashes new ways to live or work for the people.. new ways where different kinds of freedoms can be applied to get new possibilities.. and in this sense it's always ethical.)

mentalray as a base system for a new phenomeno[n]logic ethic.
:surprised

ciao
francesca

tachy0n
06-05-2004, 05:18 PM
It's not a question of using Maya libraries under XSI or vice versa. That of course is perfectly legal and ethical provided you own licenses of both apps. However asking for a file from one app, when you don't own it is probably not a good idea... This is the same reason that the dotXSI plugins at SI's site are available only as source, not compiled, because otherwise SI would have to show they bought a seat of Maya just to use the SDK dlls of Maya.

@Prodygy:
If all you need this file is for non comercial or educational use, then get a copy of the EXP version of XSI which should have this file bundled (or academic version which is pretty cheap also) Only other option is to buy a comercial license...sorry.

francescaluce
06-05-2004, 07:14 PM
ehy.. don't take me seriously..
:cool:

ciao
francesca

Prodygy
06-06-2004, 02:04 AM
Hey guys, the prob is CLOSED! I repeat, sorry for inconvenience.
I did't know that there were these problems of legality...mine was only one foolish request. Thanks to all to give me these correct answers. The issue is closed and i hope also this forum section! :bowdown:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.