PDA

View Full Version : Ah LightWave Masters

vonbon
06-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Im not new to lightWave but i am totally new to bones in all areas. Lookn at some tutorials and still cant get it to work. Where can I find a step by step tutorial (Bones for Dummies).
:banghead:

Signal2Noise
06-03-2004, 03:28 PM
I'm pretty sure there are some basic boning tut's on-line such as starting here. (http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm)

But I'm always one for actual books.

You would do well of getting yourself Inside 7 (or the forthcoming [8]) by Dan Ablan which covers bone and Skelegon basics and/or Timothy Albees Character Animation

vonbon
06-03-2004, 04:15 PM
Thanks, forgot I had a Inside LightWave 7
hehe, don't tell nobody

rickycox
06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Also do a search for T4D Rigging Tools.

AndrewE
06-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Albee's book is amazing!

Takes your through bone creation all the way to IK setup!

It's a Lightwave Masterpiece!

Cheers!

roguenroll
06-03-2004, 06:57 PM
http://www.digiwonk.com/main.html

I always recommend froggyplats tut series. its one of the best. and free

Carm3D
06-03-2004, 07:50 PM
I'm sure T4D's rigging tool is a fine product, but before you go and purchase it, I recommend you first learn how bones work.

Remember, a child bone (or a child anything for that matter) inherits the rotation of it's parent. So if you want to have a child bone shooting off at another angle (like an arm bone), make a small "reset" bone (with 0% strength) that aims in the direction of your arm, and have your actual arm bone be a child of this reset bone. Then your rotation angles won't be wonky and you can avoid gimble-lock.

I second the notion to look at Froggyplat's video. Excellent tutorial.

Insider
06-03-2004, 07:53 PM
vonbon,

if you have any specific questions, shoot me an email at dablan at earthlink dot net.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.