PDA

View Full Version : new version of animate?

Andy741
06-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Is there a new version of messiah:animate coming out soon? What will be the new features/improvements for it?

chikega
06-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Yes - it's going to be a surprise. :)

Andy741
06-04-2004, 03:57 AM
Are the surprises going to be revolutionary or more of enhancements?

DaveW
06-04-2004, 04:25 AM
From the LW8 vs. Messiah thread:

Originally posted by lmilton
As I said before, there are no *big buzzword features* in the next rev of animate. You won't see a "HUNDREDS OF NEW FEATURES" press release from us because it's meaningless when it comes to addressing user's needs. We focused almost entirely on workflow and user experience. So, when you see the next rev, you'll be wondering where are all the new features. But when you actually *use* it, there will be no doubt our focus:

Users first, marketing second.

-lyle

Zithen
06-04-2004, 09:09 AM
They really don't need anything revolutionary in my opinion. Messiah's got many great features already. Focusing on workflow is the proper focus for messiah. I do feel they need to complete their softbody and motion dynamics tool which is still unstable and incomplete. Dynamics are an important part of the animation process and they really need to focus on that aspect, I think. It is kinda annoying when parameters are present, yet it isn't enabled and I'm hoping that's been settled.
It seems they put some attention on Render, which needs it if they want it primetime.

I am on pins and needles for this release and really hoping the onionskin feature is completed. I know Lyle won't let us down after 6 months, unlike other companies I know.

Andy741
06-04-2004, 06:08 PM
So it sounds like the enhancements generally have to do with the workflow rather than creating some new gimmicky thing that may not even be needed in a production environment. Maybe these enhancements can be compared to the way Zbrush was enhanced; based on the needs of high profile customers, which is a good thing IMO.

Julez4001
06-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Motion Dynamics are pretty sound.
Collision could be better in both soft/motion though.

--------------------------
Parent In Place
In Setup mode, on the Items tab you'll see a pulldown menu. Select Parent Items and the new Parent Items block will appear. Select two or more items and click on Parent or Parent Chain. The highlighted-selected item will become the parent of the other selected items. There are options for keeping the position and keeping the alignment. For non-parent-in-place parenting, there is an option next to Parent Chain to specify an offset. This can be useful, for example, if you have individual links in a chain and you want to parent them and automatically have them positioned. There are also commands that can be mapped to keys or assigned to Armature Handles.

Andy741
06-09-2004, 06:07 AM
Julez, I don't know if those things would be worked on if it's primarily workflow things that are being done. I'm thinking of animation workflow though, things like selection and keyframe enhancements. Like when you're in the animation mindset, you're actually using very few tools, but to get to that point there's rigging to be done first.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.