PDA

View Full Version : Still: Pocket Watch

ArrowCG
06-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Hi all

This is a pocket watch that I modelled in 3D Studio Max6 and rendered with Brazil
The scene is lit with an HDRI image

Any comments are welcome :)

http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/view_image.php/BNKBC9516X39/p.jpeg

ArrowCG
06-02-2004, 07:03 PM
I dont know why those lines are running across the image, but every time I upload to the net, the image seems to get corrupted or something

Magic
06-02-2004, 07:10 PM
about the strange lines: i guess you are using FTP to upload your image. when uploading images, you should make sure you use Binary transfer mode, and definately not ASCII. this is just a guess about the problem, but i think it is the problem.

About the image: i think the model is nice, but i think it is a bit simple, it could be more complex. the textures of the watch are really good. but the texture of the table is just horrible, it is just like a wood-colored surface with a large amount of gue on it.

just change the last one and i think it could be a really nice picture overall :thumbsup:

hoi nederlander :wavey:

Svenart
06-03-2004, 10:17 AM
looks good to me. Well done.:thumbsup:

tomaa
06-03-2004, 11:58 AM
like the shiny gold, it really looks like ehm... gold :)

can you post a closer view, would like to see the watch closer...

ArrowCG
06-03-2004, 01:42 PM
I will post a closeup render as well as a wireframe tomorrow (Friday), I dont have time to do it today, but thanx for all the comments

Keep em comin :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.