PDA

View Full Version : Layer system in MAX (hide and unhide)

DerLandvogt
06-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Hi

I tried to use layer in MAX to simply hide and unhide objects in viewport but can´t get any reaction of the objects. Is there an property function, which blocks the layersystem in the viewport?
Thanks
Yours hilmar

Saschi0815
06-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Did u use MAX6? Are u sure there's sth. in your layers (I mean objects which are defined for the specific layer)?

There is a "Häckchen" after the layers name. This shows u the actual layer to work with. So if u click the layers name only and create some objects, they are stored still in the one layer which is selected signed by the anchor. If u then try to blend in/out the layer nothing happens!!!

The solution for this is simple: Mark the object(s) and press the plus-symbol after setting the anchor to the right layer...now they are in the right one...

Hope it helps...:shrug:

:beer:

DerLandvogt
06-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Hi
Thanks for your answer.
Each objects belongs to its own layer.

I am using Max 5.

Thanks a lot.
Hilmar

Rice
06-10-2004, 05:16 AM
I woulld recommend using the Onion written here at Blur. It's functionally sound and other scripts like render elements and light layers tie into it making a nice overall feature set.

http://www.blur.com/blurbeta/

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.