PDA

View Full Version : Wich Program is the best

Mifa
06-02-2004, 07:15 AM
hey all i just want o know what is the best program for modeling cars is it : Lightwave, 3D max, Cinema or Maya Thx for answaring me !!

BazC
06-02-2004, 09:39 AM
No-one can tell you which app to use, the answer is which ever app suits you best.

Some would say NURBS are best for modelling cars (which discounts most of the apps you just listed) though I wouldn't agree, you can make superb car models with a poly modeller.

I'm guessing you're pretty new to 3d by the question, in which case I'd recommend grabbing one of the free modellers (Wings3d is EXCELLENT!) to learn the principles of poly modelling and then when you feel comfortable with it try the demo/learning versions of the apps that interest you. - Baz

dart321
06-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Which car is the best? Porche? Lamborghini? Some may say a mini van. It's all about personal taste and what your style of modeling and animating is.

Mifa
06-02-2004, 08:48 PM
OK thx all no i am not newin 3D i know perfectely Cinema 4D and 3D max 6 i also have maya and lightwave 8 but i am not satisfate on my results but i will try learning more thx alot :)

csven
06-02-2004, 10:48 PM
you should try Unigraphics. or maybe CATIA. that might make a difference.

Mifa
06-03-2004, 03:55 AM
lol CATIA if for exprts man i have it already but dont use it it's way to hard man lol but thx:)

JDex
06-03-2004, 04:22 AM
For modelling... Wings3D. T-minus 5 minutes to thread lockdown.

katon
06-03-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Mifa
OK thx all no i am not newin 3D i know perfectely Cinema 4D and 3D max 6 i also have maya and lightwave 8 but i am not satisfate on my results but i will try learning more thx alot :)

Look, just like everyone else said, it is all preference. But, if i were you , i would not try to post that you own all the programs, and that they are all at your will. It is not very profesional, or you have a ton of cash sitting around. Also, I am suprised you have not found one you like, since you have them all, those are all great programs. Peace

Katon

StephanD
06-03-2004, 12:29 PM
I'll take that Max6 or LW if you decide you don't need them anymore.

Seriously,everyone know what the best application,they just will never tell you....hahahaha

A guild of 3D Monks are keeping it secret to the public! :p

Ollarin
06-03-2004, 12:57 PM
A guild of 3D Monks are keeping it secret to the public!
Traitor! You have disgraced the brotherhood. Our presence was supposed to be kept a secret. :p

But really if you use all those applications. You shouldnt bother about others. You more or less have a 3D heaven. :rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.