PDA

View Full Version : Please view my film site, and give crits

PentamiterBeast
06-01-2004, 10:09 PM
I've recently rebuilt my entire website from the ground up, and would appreciate any comments, advice, etc, on my progress so far with my short.
Thanks in advance

http://www.whoisjerico.rebelhill.net

Sister Ky
06-02-2004, 07:23 AM
Well, it's quite black and white... That's nothing bad or so, in fact it has some style... but... well, it's a question of personal preferences... but I'd like to have some colour nevertheless. Perhaps when touching with the mouse, that the buttons change into coloured pics etc?

Greetz, Ky.

PentamiterBeast
06-02-2004, 07:47 AM
Damn, that may be tough in a black and white film. Fair point, a few have said they prefer colour, which is fair enough. One thing that's not really explained on the site is the fact that the story itse;f is really black and white, as are the personas of the characters. Anyway, I hope you liked what you saw.

lestdog
06-04-2004, 12:03 PM
its a black 'n' white film, so what. did that mean the films in the 40's should have had black 'n' white posters? well Im sure some did, but there were plenty of colored ones as well. Site is nice, its working. What are you using to build the site? You should look for the script that preloads the quicktime so people can see the progess and watch as its still downloading... If forgot what the script was, its been so long since I have built a site. Movie looks like its coming along well.. the kid looks like what you would get if E.T. and a human had a son. Which makes him kinda scary.. Good job.

PentamiterBeast
06-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Fair point about the poster-ing thing I guess, just that most of the shots are stills from the film, anyways.
The site is nothing special, technically speaking, it's just cobbled together with NetObjects fusion, some crappy freebie that came with my hosting package, what with all the other stuff I've had to be learning these past months, I couldn't afford the time to learn something flashy, so it's just basic and to the point. ABout this quicktime in progress lark, I wanted to, but couldn't find a way to make my site do it. It's a script you have to get you say, anyone know how I can get and use this little thing???
Thanks for your feedback BTW.

lestdog
06-07-2004, 03:50 PM
well I think thats fine that the stills are B+W, just looking for some color in the graphics a bit.. And yeah don't waste too much time on the site... the film is key.. Its why you're doing this whole thing anyway. As far as the script, just find a site thats playing Quicktimes and look at its HTML to see how its working.. you should be able to find the javaScript making that work. Dreamweaver has a built in quicktime embetting thing so its easy., but I guess thats a moot point. here is a site, look at the html look for this line and put your movie in there and see if you cant make it work.. Like I said its been a long time since i delt with websites.

http://projectstreet.com/trailer.html

looks something like this.

pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/"
src="images/ps_trailer.mov" type="video/quicktime" width="320"
controller="false" autoplay="true">

PentamiterBeast
06-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Sweet as, I'll figure it out...eventually.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.