PDA

View Full Version : Don't want email notification!!!

Rasper
06-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Hi,

i'm having a little problem, of course else I wouldn't be posting here.

In my options I put the "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" to OFF, but I still keep receiving emails with notification when somebody reply's to a thread I posted in... This is really annoying since I don't need an email notification every time somebody reply's "beautiful" to some thread. Anyone had this problem before?

And more importantly, anyone know how to stop this?!

Thx in advance!

Rei Ayanami
06-01-2004, 08:46 PM
it could be that you have switched it off for new threads (so you wont get this emailed to you) but you are still subscribed to ones before hand.

if thats the case go you your user profile then delete any threads that are listed.

If its not that, then could be a db error. Try enablying it, saving loging out, loging back in and disabling it (allways works in windows ehh?)

Rasper
06-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the reply!

And indeed, I have several threads where I'm subscribed to, and those are the ones I get a notification for. I did not get one for you reply...

But does this mean I have to unsubscribe to each thread after I replied in it?

Rei Ayanami
06-01-2004, 11:42 PM
at the bottom of each new reply is a small set of boxes, one of which (the second one down) is Email Notification. Make sure this is unchecked in each post so you dont get replies.

In your control pannel go to change options (3rd along) then scroll down to Use 'Email Notification' by default? (its about 1/3 of the way down) and make sure its set to no (right hand radio button)

save it (submit modifications at the bottom) and it should be fine

Rasper
06-02-2004, 12:01 AM
Thank you very much for helping out!

The email notification is already set to no, but I didn't know about the checkbox you had to uncheck when replying.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.