PDA

View Full Version : still: "The Crash"

Rant
06-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Hello, this is my first posting and publish here, so please be gentle. Iam very new to 3d and try to learn cinema 4d. The girls are done with poser but heavily modified in cinema 4d. Also textures are redone.

Please leave comments and critics. Iam here to learn! Thank you

http://www.pixelstorm.org/crash.JPG

Sister Ky
06-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Very nice! Like the composition a lot! Nice colours! I realy wonder why nobody answerd jet... :thumbsup:
The smoke needs to spread more, though. And you are talking about girlS in the plural? Where are the others?

Greetz, Ky.

Rant
06-01-2004, 04:08 PM
thank you for your comment. Oops the girl(s) is a mistake :blush:

Rant
06-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Its really sad that you all just leaving c&c at frontpage quality pictures. As I said iam a beginner and I would help me if you tell me whats right or wrong :(

Akkalis
06-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Well if you're looking for C&C, here's my two cents.

The composition I don't think sells the image. Your eye, or mine tends to follow the smoke down to just left of center frame. And the center frame is pretty devoid of life.

I don't even 'see' the girl when I look at it. Try putting her a bit more 'centered' even if its the common way out.

Also, having her feet depress in the sand might help a little bit more to sell your effect.

Sister Ky
06-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Hummm.... I've been thinking about your comment quite a while now, and I came to the conclusion that I disagree... I like the emptyness that this picture implys... I think it's very fitting for the situation shown. Imagin you were the girl. You'd feel empty and deserted, too... (even though I have to admit that the girl dosn't seem to be very out of hope)
But I do agree on the pressed into the sand thing. Perhaps some trace, where she wend would be nice, too.
And she might be somewhat injured, since she crashed... or did she use a parachute?

Greetz, Ky.

Akkalis
06-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Well we can agree to disagree I suppose. Right now, empties or not, the girl doesn't intergrate well into the frame, atleast from my perspective.

Perhaps the parachute or some sign of her passing in the mid background near the middle. That might link the position of the crash/girl, as well as mapping the path of "how she got there" visually. Footprints could do this as well, but a white parachute (or any other color not on the red/brown spectrum) might also serve to releave some of the 'red' in the image. Right now it lacks contrast (which reminds me) the far background could use a bit of a green wash to it, since if you were looking at a red sand retreating to the horizon, near the horizon it would appear to take on a greenish blur.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.