PDA

View Full Version : Maya crash

xenoid
06-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Hi everyone,

My Maya crashed when I tried to import an .OBJ file, given by one of the CGTalk veterans... (sorry forgot the name already) its a dragon model... so when i tried to import it, my maya juz crashes... anyone noe wats the prob?

Maya Unlimited 4.5
System:
Dell M60
1GB DDR SDRAM
nVidia Quadro FX Go1000

=OverDrive=
06-01-2004, 04:19 PM
What software are you exporting from? Was your exported .obj orginally a nurbs file? I had a similar issue with going from Rhino to Maya in .obj format. My rhino model was created with nurbs and curves. When given the option to select my export as nurbs with curves or polygons in .obj format. The nurbs and curves would crash each time I attemped to import. I ended up exporting just geometry as polygons in obj format.

O|D

Rockon :buttrock:

xenoid
06-02-2004, 01:12 AM
Hi OD... thanx for the reply...

yeah i think the original model is done using NURBS... i'm not that sure actually... however, I do not have any options of exporting the model like what you said as I do not have the original model... only the exported version...

so the problem lies with the model and not my comp right?

=OverDrive=
06-02-2004, 02:02 AM
That would be my first guess here. Try downloading the rhinceros demo software http://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm and see if you can import then export with options. I havn't used the demo software yet so I don't know what limitations you'll encounter. Worth a try though. I'm pushing rhino software just because it comes with a ton of translators that are up to date.

good luck

O|D

rockon :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.