PDA

View Full Version : Tetsuo animation

phenobarbidoll
05-31-2004, 07:23 PM
Here is an animation i made with Tetsuo from the comic book Akira.

http://psykoter.free.fr/anim/tetsuo.avi

There are some WIP in this link

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144162

http://psykoter.free.fr/anim/tetsuo.jpg

modelisation: LW
animation : Messiah
Render : LW

The line of dialogue is:

"Ha Kaneda! Tu changes vraiment pas toi! Faut toujours que tu fasses le chef ß tout diriger!"

"Ha Kaneda! You don't really change ! You always have to play the boss by directing everything!"

;)

protohiro
06-01-2004, 06:20 AM
Broken links...:cry:

RISKBREAKER
06-01-2004, 06:28 AM
That is a cool animation!!!

Just a little nit-pick though:

His hair is just a little too elastic. Alsoo theres something weird bobbing back and forth just above his forehead. Also when he's leaning back, it looks like he's not actually touching the wall. But other than that, its really really awesome.

Hyndra7
06-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Sweet Dude!!!

I like the style of the animation. The fact that the hands go through the body is not helping the believability of your scene. It really caught my eyes so I couldn't really pay attention to the lip sync itself.
Other than that, the work is pretty good; other than the shirt which feels very weird on the top part, acting like a bra bringing his pecs up.
Nice work Man!

Keep it up!

:bounce:

phenobarbidoll
06-05-2004, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the comments:drool: , that's really motivating!
Thanks for the critiques too:drool: :drool: , that i appreciate as much....especially when it is constructive.

So in order to improve the quality and push things further:

RISKBREAKER
...his hair is just a little too elastic...
at first that was a choice to make it move like it's "one" object, but i realise that this elastic way attract the attention away from the animation...i mean the body gesture. So after digging more in the software, i found a more natural way of making them follow.
...it looks like he's not actually touching the wall...
you are right...i don't know how come i missed that, i 'll fix this

Hyndra7
...the fact that the hands go through the body is not helping the believability of your scene...
completely right too...do i need to say that i'll fix this too?;)
...shirt which feels very weird on the top part...
i see what you mean, like i should set smooth transition between "fixed" part and "floating" part, or maybe make the top part float a bit more. I might have an idea about that...i'm not sure right know.

I'm working on an other scene that i will post and then i'll go back to this one and make an update, i'm not affraid of opening the wire scene-working again over-render again....:buttrock:

Chac
06-05-2004, 08:30 AM
Wow that's good 3d anim !!!!:thumbsup:

Great emotional expression. :applause:

i'm a big fan of Akira ... :beer:

:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.