PDA

View Full Version : Character: Gummie Bears - Toadie

Gast0n
05-30-2004, 09:22 PM
Made this during a lot of stress, 6h. it's one of 2 3D worksamples for an artschool. Didn't know what to do then I found 50 screenshots from Disney's Gummie Bears and thought Toadie looked cool.

Used 3D Studio Max 6 and Vray.

I noticed that the mouth and right eye got a few flaws. Maybe you can see some too?

wellwell here it is:

http://www.hi-tech.nu/images/toadie.jpg

EthanMartin
05-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Small crit on the eye texture. It's vertically stretched out and I think you should tweak it so it fits more round than oval looking. Oval irises don't seem right.

MainlineX
05-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Nice!! Cool looking character! I think he looks awesome!! Great job!

Hyptosis
05-31-2004, 03:33 AM
Thats.. just awesome... the character alone is reason for you to be praised, I think the model look snice as well.. and under stress no less

Gast0n
05-31-2004, 09:50 AM
Thanks alot! I will tweak the eyes to get them right, actually I used fish eyes, thought they looked most cartoon'ish.. wellwell, thanks again!

//Andreas

ilovegraphics
06-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Very cool. This character deserved to be developed more I think :)

ILS
06-02-2004, 03:29 PM
i don't know if its my computer but there are white boxes sticking out of the character's eyes. the fur looks a little disconnected, i think if you add a gradual transition into long hairs it would look better. otherwise good character design.

Gast0n
06-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Ilovegraphics: Shure, it needs alot tweaking! I will give it some more time when given.

ILS: Yes, you are right the fur was not what I wanted it to be, didn't have time to get the lighting right with GI on the mesh and "shag shader" on the fur.. and the eyes, what you see is "Soft boxes" suppose to look like you have taking a photo in studio enviroment, maybe I carried away with the reflection for a while :o)

Thanks! /Andreas

ILS
06-02-2004, 06:26 PM
oh just use an hdr image for the reflections. there is tonns of free ones on the web.

Kalasfixaren
06-02-2004, 07:33 PM
That's awesome.

True story:

I entered thread without seeing name of thread, didn't read what you wrote just look at picture and I recognized the lil' fellow instantly and I haven't seen gummy bears sine I was eight! You're awesome I had almost forgot about them ^^

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.