PDA

View Full Version : Just Starting

Little Red
12-16-2001, 01:51 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm just starting out and was given a copy of Lightwave 6.0 as a gift. Can anyone point me in the direction of some good beginner tutorials online.
I do have the book "Lightwave 6 Inside" but do not have the owners manuel that comes with the software (friends new pup ate it).
Thanks ... :-)

Chewey
12-16-2001, 02:12 PM
You can download the pdf manual from the Newtek ftp site.

ftp.newtek.com

Try the newtek web site for some tutorials and check out www.flay.com for links to tutorials and plugins.

If you're using 6.0 I'd recommend updating to 6.5 or better yet pay for the upgrade to LW7b.

mic
12-16-2001, 03:16 PM
Hehehehe... a pup ate the manuals???... now that's really "original"...:rolleyes: (Hint, hint... we're not stupid...:))

Anyway, what's wrong with that book??? I found it a very good beginner's book.

rendermonkey23
12-16-2001, 04:34 PM
He he :)

Little Red
12-17-2001, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the replies....
yes, sometimes the truth sounds like a lie... but hey stuff happens when you breed Great Danes.
I would love to upgrade to LW7 but I lack the funds at this time, so I will keep trying with what I have.
There is nothing wrong with the "Inside Lightwave 6" book, but I like to do interactive stuff along with the book itself.
I did happen to find a tutorial through the links on Flay.com that should help me along.
I hope you guys won't mind if from time to time I ask newbie questions.

Little Red

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.