PDA

View Full Version : Architecture: Cathedral Lightning

limkinkwan
05-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Please giV some comment to this, especially the lightning...:bounce:

http://www.geocities.com/kkdsign/email.html

ahven
05-30-2004, 02:14 PM
hey, this is pretty good, I really like the good textures. The light is realistic but I would pick a better camera view. :) great work!
I would not do a better one ;)

Xtra
05-30-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure but if the light rays come from the sun they should be parallel.

visjes
05-30-2004, 06:24 PM
Nice, so I'll nitpick. :)

I think the textures are a bit repetitive, and I think Xtra is right about the light rays.. the rays would be more or less parallel. Because of the distances involved between the Earth and the Sun, rising in elevation will not alter your angle to the sun noticeably. This looks more like an X-Files type effect where there is a bright light almost directly outside of the building.

Also, the tonal contrast on the bump map for that wall design is a little harsh. It looks like a bump map.

Nice work, though. :) Looking forward to more.

CBAS
06-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Xtra
I'm not sure but if the light rays come from the sun they should be parallel.

depends on the angle of view

according to the rules of perspective even parallel lines can converge when looking at them at a certain angle. (a tad of sarcasm)

never looked at the effect of sunrays in a misty forest? they are anything but parallel to the viewer

by the way, nice pic, but needs antialiasing

TheArrow
06-08-2004, 08:48 PM
is it me or is this a bad quality image? it looks pixelated.....did you try to downsize it? post the full quality version....this looks like a good scene, wouldnt want to waste quality in a bad image.

syous
06-10-2004, 02:45 PM
the composition mate!!:wip:
Set the camera in a way which let your ray show its full glory

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.