PDA

View Full Version : Scene: Army attacks!

Svenart
05-30-2004, 10:47 AM
http://www.3dcommune.com/3d/gallery/Lightwave/svenart1085993428.jpg

Again an update from an older image. I will also do an animation of this (Knights are already rigged, animated). Made with Lightwave, Critic welcome! :wip:

pensart
05-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Wow, cool, can't wait for the animation!

Galo
05-30-2004, 11:12 AM
Sven, nice comop man, i like it but....
Try to make the textures on the ground more realistic, and try another light setup so youre render has a bit more "sun" feeling, youre in the open air and it's daylight but that's exactly what i miss, the daylight feeling.

other then that i can not wait to see the animation, great work keep it up.
peace
Galo

azazel
05-30-2004, 11:38 AM
This has a lot of potential, but now the rendering and light setup makes it look somewhat like game screenshot...

bluesky2004
05-30-2004, 12:43 PM
Good work! Seems very lively!

Pjanssen
05-30-2004, 01:21 PM
It looks good, though I agree with azazel about the lighting.
And I think that the swords and the pikes look too heavy and thick.

hkbasravi
05-30-2004, 02:35 PM
I agree with Galo about the ground texturing. But you may not have to detail the entire ground. Actually, what I would suggest is have a small mound in the foreground, that you detail heavily, and that will suggest greater detail for the rest of the ground, and will trick the eye to percieve the background more detailed.

Also, perhaps you can even animation a mouse or something, running off the mound as the army approaches...just to add more story to the scene.

As far as the lighting is concerned, I think a battlemood can be created with warmer lighting. something somber.

http://members.rogers.com/hbasravi/images/svenart.jpg

Svenart
05-31-2004, 03:27 AM
thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I have already changed the groundtexture, and added some more plants. I´m not sure, why every battleimage has to be red, but I will post a stereotypical Version soon, too. Thanks again.

ambas
05-31-2004, 03:49 AM
its pretty great. i like it

but.. all that mist.. on a sunny day?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.