PDA

View Full Version : remapping the "S" key mouse buttons?

chlywly
07-19-2002, 01:33 AM
I hate the way XSI handles it's camera controls, zoom, dolly, rotation, all that stuff, I know if you press the S key you can access these functions by using right/middle/left mouse buttons, but I dont like the way they are mapped, anyway to re-assign the buttons? like maybe have right click for rotate instead etc so forth so on, thanks. I would love for the camera to work similar to Nichimens nendo.

Atyss
07-19-2002, 04:02 AM
Instead of the S key, you can use the
P key to dolly-in, dolly-out
O key to orbit
Z key to pan.

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

swampthing
07-19-2002, 07:50 PM
any way to reassign the mouse buttons period? Would be nice to have the mousewheel zoom.

chlywly
07-20-2002, 05:13 AM
I dont think you can, and thats just beyond lame.

visualboo
07-20-2002, 06:32 AM
Just go to file>keyboard mapping.

I mapped my S key to the space bar (closest thing to the alt key :) ). Actually I just swaped them. And some others too :thumbsup:

I don't think you can map mouse buttons though. If you find a way... let me know though :D

Kananga
07-21-2002, 05:04 AM
I asked about this a while back . Ed Harris mentioned something about swift-mouse, some kind of script or plugin for XSI. Couldnt work it out though.
I wanted to set my mouse up like I have it in max, reverse the left and right buttons and use the mousewheel for zooming. And Im not convinced having to use 3 buttons for transforming on the 3 axis is very intuitive. Id like to have the choice of the max/maya transform gizmo approach.

swampthing
07-21-2002, 07:25 AM
I didn't think it was that intuitive either at first until I realized that i could now pretty much work in perspective mode full time if i chose without having to drag around the view to be able to click properly on the transform gizmo. It REALLY takes some getting used to though if you ask me. But i do agree, i wish you could use the transform gizmo directly like in other software, mostly so i wouldn't feel stupid everytime i try and use it and nothing happens.

Raptor235
09-27-2002, 06:44 PM
I got this off the soft website is this avialable in XSI?

Modeling the Head

Set Up the Swift-Mouse

Before we go any farther, we want to assign a command to the mouse in order to speed up the modelling process. To do so, we must assign a swift key to the commands we want to use and map them to the swift mouse:

Choose Preferences › Keyboard Setup › Learn.

Choose Polygon > Vertex and assign them to a key on the keyboard.

Repeat Step 2 for Polygon>Edge, Polygon>Polygon and Info>Selection.

Choose Info › SwiftMouse.

In the SwiftMouse Assignation dialog box, select a swift key from the list, then click a direction button. Assign the keys as follows:

East Polygon > Vertex
North Polygon > Polygon
West Polygon > Edge
South Info > Selection

Once the setup is complete, whenever you press the Alt key, left click and drag the mouse to the right, you access the Polygon › Vertex command; dragging to the left calls Polygon › Edge, dragging up calls Polygon › Polygon; and dragging down calls Info ›Selection.

ggg
09-27-2002, 07:13 PM
yes but the one in xsi is :thumbsdow
a talented MS guy is working on a floating menu like mayas called workfloat that doesn't yet work well with my video card for beta testing but he will be releasing it soon for the public I hope...

the gizmo or widget if thats what you mean when you press b could use more transform options

Raptor235
09-27-2002, 07:14 PM
Great I can't wait that's gonna make things so much better...

Raptor235
10-01-2002, 04:03 PM
ggg could you give me that ms guy's website maybe I could do some beta testing. It would really help me a lot even if it's a beta

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.