PDA

View Full Version : Customizable HotKeys

Apollux
05-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Developers are working on user customizable hotkeys for Blender.

I hasn't reached the "working status" jet, but it could make it into Blender for 2.34 or 2.35.

This is something that many people has been asking for since a long time :p

keitai
06-01-2004, 08:59 PM
hmm, that is a whole lot of keys to customize.

I don't hope they change the UI again.

gabio
06-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by keitai
hmm, that is a whole lot of keys to customize.

I don't hope they change the UI again.
Here too, you'r not lucky:The new UI revamp (http://www.freewebs.com/blenergetic/uiwork.htm)

MrEnigma
06-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Customizable hotkeys is a feature I've always thought would be nice, but I had no idea it was actually being worked on. As for the interface changes, I think it's a needed change. We need not be afraid of change.

Apollux
06-02-2004, 10:36 PM
:beer: I Like it already !!

Gavio, is there a chance for a new "32" option for OSA button may slip into the new GUI? ;) ;)

Dasleah
06-03-2004, 01:17 AM
What's that? Blender with words that actually fit on the buttons?!

I never though I'd see the day.

Apollux
06-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Not only do they fit, they even have room to spare !:eek: :eek: :eek:

But, how much window zooming did you use to take the screen shots?

currently, all ¨words¨ do fit if you use crazy amounts of zooming.

BgDM
06-04-2004, 01:12 AM
This is a great idea for new users who are used to other apps and want similar hotkeys as those ones. But what about us guys that have been using the standard hotkeys for ever?

When a newb starts asking questions about how to do somehting, we always answer with hotkey replies, (typically anyway). If our replies are the old standard keystrokes, people will start getting lost as a result.

I agree it is a good feature, but lots of confusion may come of it.

BgDM

Apollux
06-04-2004, 12:13 PM
We had a similar discusion on the developer mail list. I suggested that the hotkeys customization should be handled like the GUI themes.

Blender ships with a default hotkey theme, and the user can add more themes on top on that. i.e . one theme to mimic Wings, other one to mimic Maya.. and so on. But just like with the GUI themes, the default one isn't user customizable and un-erasable.

So, if you need to answer a question you keep giving the hotkeys, just add a note saying that apply to the default configuration.

The theme idea seems to have settled down the disscusion at the mail list, but at the end it wasn't clear is the idea got aproved or not :shrug:

kramer3d
06-10-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by gabio
Here too, you'r not lucky:The new UI revamp (http://www.freewebs.com/blenergetic/uiwork.htm)
um....are you sure that they are using that UI for 2.34???
I mean OFFICIAL 2.34

gabio
06-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by kramer3d
um....are you sure that they are using that UI for 2.34???
I mean OFFICIAL 2.34
Nothing is sure in project developement over blender.org. The most unsure information is undoubtfully the release date...
Such question should be asked to the guy itself...

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.