PDA

View Full Version : 3DFighter Game Demo -- Could Use Talented Animator

Kringer
05-28-2004, 01:27 PM
I'm a programmer working on the diversely complex state logic of a 3D Fighter Game, as a demo to show to an employer.

I'm using Maya to work on the art. I'm not trained as a modeler or animator, but I know the basics enough to make "coder art".

So far this is my personal project, but I'd like to work with an animator who specializes in martial arts type of animations, since it pretty much drives the gameplay. Some modeling ability would also be nice. The engine supports most game rigs.

If you're interested, download what I have so far:
(2 weeks of work, from scratch)

input: Arrow Keys - SpaceBar

Download Demo (http://www.fuzzywoto.org/Adam/3DFighterDemo.zip)

Keep in mind, this was easy to code. But I struggle with just making it this far with the art.

The exporter for this game is for Maya, it supports up to 3 influences per vertex. Under 50 bones per rig would be nice. Each animation can be saved as a seperate Maya scene file.

When the demo is finished the gameplay should be equal to that of Tekken 3. With 3 characters to choose from. One Environment.

If you are still interested send me an email:

nan@adamwagner.net (mailto:nan@adamwagner.net)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.