PDA

View Full Version : cel shader look research

xtrm3d
05-27-2004, 09:54 PM
i was feeling like doing some cel shader test these last week in my spar freetime ..http://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/celsplash.jpg

http://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/celtest1.jpg

http://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/celtest2.jpg

coment and critique welcome :shrug:

Flog
05-27-2004, 10:13 PM
YOu make me sick with how cool your stuff looks.

I'm still hoping you descide to make an animation. I'm sure you of all people could find an animator with your models.

To the moon!!! Great work!!

UnlikelyCorny
05-27-2004, 10:22 PM
looks nice, definately.

Which celshader/software did you use and exactly what is the goal of your research?

flingster
05-27-2004, 11:51 PM
a hero with a beard...funky...
sorry no focus crits from me today...like the guy in black...think our hero needs to slap him down a little...show him who's boss! heh heh... who said violence in cartoons doesn't influence kids...runs off to hide in shame...:hmm: :blush:

btw...nice lift on the hairpiece...heh heh...great stuff...post more.
:thumbsup:

Katss
05-28-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by UnlikelyCorny
looks nice, definately.

Which celshader/software did you use and exactly what is the goal of your research?

Yes my Question too.I likes.:buttrock:

blumoon1946
05-28-2004, 01:43 AM
Nice! it looks like a bearded 'Vash the Stampede'! Is that where you got the guns from? They look good. Nice work!

xtrm3d
05-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Nice! it looks like a bearded 'Vash the Stampede'! Is that where you got the guns from?
yeaahhh trigun was my main inspiration for the gun ..

used the lightwave standard cel shader + a lot of customisation

the goal of my research ??..well.. wanted to doe something different from my other work.. ( my web page ..and the link in my signatur )

thx for the critique guys..
sorry but cause i am not a great animator.. ( at least i dont feel so myself ) .. i am never satisfied with my animation work .. and thus.. need someone who want to join and doe the animation ..
voluntaire anyone ?

UnlikelyCorny
05-29-2004, 10:44 PM
The question about the research bit was due to the title of your thread and I was therefore under the assumption that you were investigating different possiblities.

I've looked at the thread of your signature now and have a bit of a better idea of what you're trying to do. Personally I think the celshaded look fits your character better, but possibly others disagree.

You say the celshaded look is lightwave, but the character Maya. Do you feel it is easy to use maya models in lightwave and would that go for animation as well?

Cool stuff by the way, love the antihero feel of the character. A sort of hippie teacher gone superhero.

foxco
05-29-2004, 11:00 PM
i think it definatley works for your character :thumbsup: nice stuff man

/fox

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.