PDA

View Full Version : Paint FX and Dynamics

Ti22
05-27-2004, 05:42 AM
I was wondering if it was possible to add dynamics to hair that is created using paint FX. Please excuse me if its obvious or been posted before, but I searched for it and couldnt' find anything on it.

Thanx

WhiteRabbitObj
05-27-2004, 09:20 AM
There is a way to do this using strips of cloth with paintFX hair on them. There is a tutorial somewhere on the Alias website. I would give you a link but I don't have it! You'll need Unlimited to use it obviously. You could achieve similar results with softbodies but there is no self-collision which would cause poor behavior.

Ti22
05-28-2004, 02:38 AM
thanx i'll try and look for it

Duncan
05-28-2004, 11:14 PM
A real quick and dirty method is to select the strokes and do "paintEffects->makeBrushSprings". You can do this a few times for different strokes groups, giving them different stiffness values so that the hair does not all wiggle together(each stroke group must have its own brush). If you look under extra attributes of your brush you will find some controls that are added by this command.

Duncan

nidamaa
05-29-2004, 01:58 AM
Yo WhiteRabbit. in your sig. it sez that youre compositing on I,Robot

can you elaborate? :surprised

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.