PDA

View Full Version : Z brush exploding preview

westiemad
05-26-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm following a tutorial in the practicle guide, where you build the guy in the suit of armour. On the arm modeling section I get all the way to where you convert the arm from z spheres to a mesh, move some points around, then increase the density up from 2 to 3, this then cause the mesh to disintergrate. I seem to remember somewhere that you shouldn't change the denisty or something cause you loose all tweaks on your mesh. So how can I stop this happeneding to my mesh?

Think the tutorial is around page 250ish

AnDy

Zeddicus
05-26-2004, 07:01 PM
I read somewhere a while back that storing a morph target of the zspheres is the key. I've had this problem happen before too. Not 100% sure though if that's the solution or not.

Boa
05-27-2004, 05:42 AM
Are you sure that you are using the skinned version of your tool?
After you pressed "Make Adaptive Skin" a new tool is added with the prefix "Skin_". You should draw this one on the canvas and use the options under the geometry rollout to switch between the resolutions.

Hope thats helps,
Boa

westiemad
05-27-2004, 06:37 AM
the next option or step in the tutorial is making the adaptive skin, eg after you have upped the resolution. Maybe i should do it the way you suggest.

AnDy

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.