PDA

View Full Version : Painted Illo: Disney Homage

EraserX
05-26-2004, 04:40 AM
Here's something I just painted up this afternoon. The pencils are by Zac Atkinson and were loads of fun to work with. My goal was to give this a very Disney feel with the color scheme, yet still give it something original of my own. It's a bit rougher than my normal painting, but I've been having fun. I'll let you decide if I pulled it off or not.

http://www.pensnpixels.com/postedimages/indiandreamer.jpg

Astaroth.NL
05-26-2004, 10:58 AM
hey nice drawing there, lineart & colours. Really like the whole.

I do think that it doesn't feel disney cause I sorta asociate that with a "clean" style. But it dousn't bother me cause I like it, plus it still looks like a beuatifull sketchy drawing for young and old.

My only real crit is that I feel you could have ben bolder in colour use, it feels like you used lots soft pastel colours to be on the safe side (I usually do at least lol). But kid drawings should be colourfull and full with contrast. I mean this espeially for the lil indian wich may stand out cause it's foreground, like make the hairband more intense red and so on. Well, good job!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.