PDA

View Full Version : Rhino Background

scrimski
05-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Hello,

maybe this sounds a bit stupid.

:blush:

I started modelling with Rhino, everything is fine(I'm amazed bout how easy it is - if you know Max-nurms you know what I'm talking about- but oner thing drives me a bit crazy. I want to have a setup of modeling references IN the scene, not as background images as I use to know from MAX , but I can't find out how to texture a plane and make the textrue visible in the viewport.

Any advice?

thanx

ExtremeBoost
05-24-2004, 09:22 PM
As far as I know the only way to get what your looking for is to use the tools on the "background bitmap" toolbar.

You can put an image on a plane but im pretty sure it will only show up when rendered.

scrimski
05-25-2004, 08:44 AM
Hello ExtremeBoost,

can't believe that a such extremly well desigened app has no possibility to displa textures. I remember that I saw in a tutorial(if I knew which one things would be fine :banghead: ) a set of background references in the perspective viewport, and when I drag in my perspective viewport( my setup is like this: four planar views: left, top, front and back - each view in a viewport, so when I want to see a perspective view I have to switch one of the planar views into perspective) I can see a rectangle with diagonal lines and on a determined(?) POV I can see the image/texture on the plane.

So I think there has to be a possibility about it(or at least I hope so).

scrimski
05-27-2004, 08:23 AM
OK, problem solved, found a tutorial under

http://www.suurland.com/tutorials_blueprint_rhino.htm.

(Oh man, it's that easy, I could have find out by myself)

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ExtremeBoost
05-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Oh ok I see what he did.... Its still not what you wanted (showing all images in the perspective view i think) but just trace the images in one view first and then split them up and move/rotate them around.. Works just as good if not better.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.