PDA

View Full Version : Wow ZBrush is awesome :)

Rhezz
05-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Ive been toying around lately with Zbrush demo 1.55 . Its so awesome :thumbsup:
Much easier to use then anything Ive used to date. I did a little head test after looking at a couple of the Zscript tutorials that came with the demo. I found human heads a bit hard to do (thats true with any prog..humans just aint my thing). I decided to make an alien head..I dunno why but that dude from Star Trek popped in my head (I dont even like Star Trek :shrug: ). So I made him.
This took me aroudn 10-20 mins (somewhere around 15). That woudlve taken hours with Max or Maya. So Im saying, give this program a go if you haven't already.

Just thought I should post my very own 'try this' thread because I haven't seen one for ZB in the last couple days. :thumbsup:

http://rhezz.tripod.com/images/star_trek_head.jpg

westiemad
05-22-2004, 03:27 PM
well it grew on me too, i didn't find it very intuative, i think it would be nice to have a warning or error text line like maya instead of just greying out the buttons. It is different and I can't complain about having 10 million polygons rendering in my viewport.

AnDy

ambient-whisper
05-25-2004, 10:34 PM
i think that by showing you tools you cant use is kind of a dis-service really. its like.. you select something and wonder what youll be able to do with some of the visible tools... only to find out you cant.... i dont see why youd want to see them when they just sit there takin a dump. personally id kill items that arent related to what your doing as a whole. not sure how zbrush would work like that.. but it works in mirai beautifully.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.