PDA

View Full Version : Low poly conversion - (decimation) -

cbctech
05-21-2004, 04:38 PM
I have a question, and in need of some suggestions.

I want to use some of my existing work (higher poly stuff) and translate LODs for use in a real time engine...

Using Max6, "optomize" just isn't cutting the mustard so to speak... Also, hand managing the polys to a lower count just plain takes too much time when on a deadline...

Up to this point I have been just re-modelling everything for low-poly versions...

Any pointers on plugins, tools, apps, or anything like that anyone has used or is currently using that you would suggest for this process?

I am looking to get a little more productivity out of limited time, and find it just plain rediculous to create from scratch what I already have that will work with some modification...

Anyhow, thanks for your time, and look forward to any links or ideas in the right direction. :wavey:

cbctech
05-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Mmmm, well if nobody knows, then nobody knows... :shrug:

What I have done is experiment more with "MultiRes" looks like it just may do the trick for the low poly stuff I need to manage...

Still open to suggestions though... ;)

cache
05-28-2004, 12:27 AM
there is a great plugin for max/lw
polygon cruncher

http://www.mootools.com/plugins/us/polygoncruncher/main.asp

handy :)
good luck

cbctech
05-28-2004, 06:56 AM
Thank you so much for the reply.. I will be reading up on this one and giving it a go by tomorrow.. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.