PDA

View Full Version : Z brush, deselect and loose edit function

westiemad
05-21-2004, 11:52 AM
I'm still new to z brush, and sometimes i'll accidently de select the model i'm working on, or i may draw another one (by mistake, the odd mouse click), which means that now i can't edit what i was working on, is there a way to go back, without having to draw a new model from the tools? (as undo doesn't work for me)

I hope that made sense.

AnDy

mhovland
05-21-2004, 12:41 PM
As far as I know the only way is to redraw the object from the tool.

This seemed odd to me until I realized that the active tool was exactly the object I was working on, at the moment of last edit.

Now I may be completely wrong, as I am relatively new to Z as well, but I haven't lost any work in a long while. At least I don't think I have lost any work :)

westiemad
05-21-2004, 02:21 PM
hey m8,
hows it going, saw your tutorial on a site, my main gripe is when I have it in a position, and i do that, but I can't then move that model, and the only way to delete it is to rub it out or clear the canvas, I'm sure this is going to be like photoshop and its undo/redo option.

AnDy

Machinegunkelly
05-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Bump ..
I wanna know the same thing :)

Mentat7
05-24-2004, 08:22 PM
mhovland is correct. If by chance you exit Edit mode you can enter Edit mode immediately by hitting the T key - this will put the dropped tool back into edit mode as long as you haven't selected another tool first. If for some reason you dropped the tool to the workspace and went running about the tool pallet afterwards then your only option will be to clear the canvas (CTRL+N) or Undo then select the tool again from the Tool pallet and draw it out. One note: if you place a tool in position on the workspace you can MARK it by hitting the M key. Then you can clear the canvas, select the tool and then click on the Marker you placed and the tool will be drawn back at its original size, orientation, etc. Hope this helps.

redfuzz
05-25-2004, 11:16 PM
What got me hung up when learning to use this was finding the marker after I've created it. When you wnat to recreate your object with the tool selected, hover the mouse near where you left it, a dot will appear where you marked it. When you move over the dot it becomes and arrow. Click it and the currect tool it positioned and orientated at the mark.
g

Mentat7
05-28-2004, 12:51 PM
You can change the marker radius in the Preferences menu. Increasing the radius will make the marker dot appear when the mouse is further away from it. This is helpful when working very large document sizes.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.